Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmies Sneaky Peeky!!!! Bench Friends


Kraftin' Kimmies February Release came on so fast for me! With Christmas just out of the way and a week in California, I can't believe that we're almost halfway through February already! Where DOES the time go!!!!

I absolutely LOVE bench friends. These whimsical images from Jean really touch my heart! I used to be an avid Teddy Bear Collector. It wasn't a particular brand, although I was partial to Gunds and Boyd's Bears, but really it was more about the connection with the Bears.......okay so here's where I reveal one of my beliefs........

A Teddy Bear will call out to you............yes, really, they will. First of all they catch your eye. Whether they're sitting amongst a whole bear family, in a showcase or display on their own, they make eye contact (not the creepy chucky kind out of a horror movie, but just a sweet sweet glance) You look away, but for some reason you're compelled to have another glance.....they're looking right back at you, almost as if saying...........pick me, take me home.

Are you following? or do you think it's time to run away as fast as you can from the crazy ladie's blog, never to return??? When I was first dating my ex husband, he showered me with bears......lots and lots and lots of bears............a LOT of bears..........but none that really captured my heart.........pink bears, blue bears.....multicoloured bears..........lol!!! He was definitely attempting to please me with quantity........and then I told him my belief about bears....yeah, he still married me. Of course he quickly raised an eyebrow, smirked and gave me one of those "get real" looks...........I insisted that my theory is true.............. a bear will hand pick it's owner, if they (the purchaser) are attuned!

I gently directed him away from Kmart and to a couple of stores that carried the bears that spoke out to me............lol! The next occasion...... I am thinking it was Valentines Day, I received the most pleasant surprise! A Beautiful Black Bear........soft and cuddly, plush and expressive. Even more exciting was the expression on his face when I opened the parcel and he said "you're right" (well I LOVE hearing that!!!! not just about Bears!) He went on to tell me that he was in the store carefully choosing my gift. He had a pretty White Bear all picked out, when he caught this sweet little fella looking at him. He looked and thought he was nice, but picked up the white bear..........he said it was almost as if this little guy said "put that bear down" it's ME you need........being a little stubborn, he was still going for the other one, but he felt that this guy was being quite persistent and finally gave in. He was a perfect Bear!!!

Now either he bought into my belief or he was just trying hard to impress me in his courtship, but I truly believe that he was,captivated by that little guy!!! I know that I was and although I didn't receive as many bears after that, the bears that did make it home, were meant to be there!

I think sometimes stamps speak out to me too.............but that's a story for another time!





I love the intimacy of this stamp set and the sentiment that accompanies it... Friendship needs no words.............a pretty stamp, a beautiful saying

This stamp is my favourite out of this months release, but just WAIT until you see what else Kimmie has for you this month! All I can say is the images are INCREDIBLE!!!! Head on over to the Krafty Girls sites to see their fabulous creations and stay tuned for more sneaks this week, followed by a huge blog hop on Sunday!

Supplies:

Bench Friends-Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps
Paper: Neenah White, Mustard, Blue and Country Red
Designer Paper: Basic Grey
Acc: Buttons, CTMH Flower, Embroidery Thread, Copics, Sakura White Gel Pen

Happy Stamping!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki
    Wow fantastic image great card
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Vicki I love what you've done with this image...it really tugged on my heart too! Your Teddy Bear Beliefs make me smile...nope, I'm not running away at all!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww this is an adorably sweet image and BEAUTIFULLY colored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up!! Love your story :).Your card is so sweet..I love image and your coloring is awesome :) TFS Vicki :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great story and this image is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is super sweet and the sentiment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki...Oh I lOVED that story!! Thank you for sharing!! And you card...OMGOODNESS woman do you ever make a bad card!! Your colouring is perfect and so is everything else!! Beautiful work!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just makes you say "Awwwww...." So sweet, Vicki, as is your bear story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly adorable card and I just love your story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a sweet image and card Vicki! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too darn cute Vicki!!

    Hugs - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Norman Rockwell! I like it! :)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****