Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Ice Cream Man is coming! The Ice CREAM MAN IS COMING!!



I'm not sure how many of you are old enough to remember the older episodes of Saturday Night Live, but they sure made me laugh! My absolute favourite cast included Chevy Chase, Bill Murry, Gilda Radner....the sketches involving Todd and Lisa and of course Mr. Bill. And then Eddie Murphy came along! Oh my gosh, that man just had to open his mouth and flash that impish grin and I could erupt in giggles! That leads me to think about a solo comedy tape that he released called "Raw" and well it was pretty Raw.......but there was a sketch called the Ice Cream Man is Coming and it had to be one of my favourites in the tape! So I'm letting you into my mind a bit to share what goes through my head when stamping! It's funny what some images will evoke.

Now it's not that wee Riley can't hold down a job, he is just a fellow that craves variety and want's to try all kinds of occupations and experience many adventures! Perhaps he is a social scientist who is working on his PHD on the effects of stress in various careers!

I think his tenure as an ice cream man would be pretty sweet, don't you? Everyone is Happy to see you and you get to work outdoors in good weather!!!

I used the new melon cardstock from Stampin' Up! as a base for this card and coloured with various shades of teal to match the Bermuda Bay dotted Grosgrain Ribbon.




Oh my gosh, I think my Hypothesis about Riley may just be accurate! Here he is making notes on his Laptop...............hmmmm I hope his Study is Long Term, because I can't wait to see what he's up to next!

Again, I used two new Stampin' Up colours on this Card, the darker being called Soft Suede, which is kind of a mix between a Taupish and Khaki colour depending on what is layered with it. The DP is from the DCWV Safari Stack.

Our Release Party is tomorrow night at 9 p.m. est HERE

Oh and Guess What??? One of our fine designers, Sandra MacLean is featured stamper over at Splitcoaststampers! Sandra is Super Talented, with colouring skills that will rock your world. You can check out her blog here. The hyperlink for her name will take you to her Splitcoaststampers Gallery. Unfortunately Riley has not worked for the postal service yet, because Sandra's stamps did not get to her this month; and because Riley hasn't experienced the world of Private Investigator, Kristi is playing detective and is on the case as we speak!!! Still make sure you take a peek at her blog and gallery, you won't be disappointed.
I hope to play the challenge a little later this morning!

See you tomoz with more sneaks!!!!


*****Vicki~~~~~

16 comments:

  1. Fantastic Riley creations, Vicki. I love the fun summertime ice cream card. Such awesome colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic!!! Love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, those two new Rileys are SOOOOO adorable! I cannot believe how much depth you gave your image on the Computer Riley one... It looks unbelievable! :D

    I think this Riley is going to find its way to my Wish List...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just too cute!! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The computer Riley turned out awesome! He is really really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Eddie Murphy and Raw was hilarious!!

    Your cards are fabulous!! These new Rileys are adorable!! I just love Riley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards Vicki, love the coloring on both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki,
    Both of your Riley cards are beyond cute! Your vibrant colors are awesome and Riley is adorable and beautifully colored in!
    Yes...I remember the early SNL shows and in my opinion, they were the best!!!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome sneaks Vicki, I love the new colours. Such a cute little scene on your first card and your colouring is beautiful, Have a great evening, Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWW! Mr. Riley is soooo super sweet!! And yes...I remember: "THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMING!!!!" TEEHEE!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh love how you used the icecream riley and van riley together ... they work soooo well together ... Cyber Riley is cute too hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness, now I'm tripping back to my younger days. And how about Steve Martin... the Wild and Crazy Guys, and the Coneheads!

    Riley is a multi-talented guy. Just love the ice cream man... what kid doesn't love the ice cream man... and laptop Riley is a must-have for Avery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both adorable, Vicki! I LOVE the colors on your ice cream Riley!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****