Thursday, March 26, 2009
Sweet!!!! Sweet Pea Release Day!
Today's the day that Sweet, Sweet Pea is available at PINK CAT STUDIO The sets are very versatile and you interchange images between the two sets to make so many cute cards!!!
I think this may be my favourite creation of all the peeks that I made. When I first saw the stamps, I thought the combination of the Box and the Strawberry Hat would make a cute card!
Did you know you can make very cute leaves with your oval punches? Here's the Trick.
1. Punch The Oval (when I need larger leaves I use the larger SU Oval punch
2. Fold the leaf length wise
3. Keeping it folded, make horizontal diagonal fold to create the "veins" in the leaves
4. Unfold and crumple it up into a little ball
5. Straighten it out again and then go direct to paper with your inkpad to add depth of colour.
You can sponge on additional colour if you like.
6. Pinch the leaf into shape and add it to your project.
The DP that I used for this project is a retired DP from SU! called Cerise.
Here are the plates for the new stamp sets. I'll have some more samples for you over the next couple of weeks. I still can't pick my favourite, but I know I am partial to the Cow Baby!!!!
Have a great day and Happy Stamping of course! I'll be back tomorrow with a TCP Challenge Card!