Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sweet!!!! Sweet Pea Release Day!



Today's the day that Sweet, Sweet Pea is available at PINK CAT STUDIO The sets are very versatile and you interchange images between the two sets to make so many cute cards!!!

I think this may be my favourite creation of all the peeks that I made. When I first saw the stamps, I thought the combination of the Box and the Strawberry Hat would make a cute card!




Did you know you can make very cute leaves with your oval punches? Here's the Trick.

1. Punch The Oval (when I need larger leaves I use the larger SU Oval punch
2. Fold the leaf length wise
3. Keeping it folded, make horizontal diagonal fold to create the "veins" in the leaves
4. Unfold and crumple it up into a little ball
5. Straighten it out again and then go direct to paper with your inkpad to add depth of colour.
You can sponge on additional colour if you like.
6. Pinch the leaf into shape and add it to your project.

The DP that I used for this project is a retired DP from SU! called Cerise.



Here are the plates for the new stamp sets. I'll have some more samples for you over the next couple of weeks. I still can't pick my favourite, but I know I am partial to the Cow Baby!!!!

Have a great day and Happy Stamping of course! I'll be back tomorrow with a TCP Challenge Card!

*****Vicki~~~~~

18 comments:

  1. Vicki, your card is so sweet. Love the cutie image and many thanks for the punchtip... Big hugs from Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so darling, I love your red with a splash of black, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. arghhhhhhh you made me do it ... I am blaming you!!!!!!!! You know I love this card and that baby right hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki!!!! This is gorgeous! How did you do the scalloped scalloped edge?? Is that those new Michael's punches?? I love those leaves too - ingenious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the strawberry basket, so clever! Great tip for making leaves, tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you included that tutorial on the leaves as I was about to ask you how you get them looking so perfect!!! Great job, love the cards and these sets are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet is that little guy! Love the shades of red and the leaves - they look so real!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!!
    Love the grass, the colors, the layout...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so cute and so fun!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another cute card using the PCS Sweet Pea! So cute, Vicki. . .I love the red colors and oh my gosh, you did such a BEAUTIFUL job coloring the image. You bring that image to life!!!

    Hey, I almost forgot to post the release of the stamps! I came to visit your blog and you reminded me that I forgot to post it!! LOL!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just adorable Vicki, another awesome creation, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sooo dang cute!! =) I adore what you did to that special delivery box and made it into a basket box! Very cute!! LOVE it girl!!
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really sweet card Vicki, great stamp set!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww! This is SWEET! beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vicki this is amazing!! Seriously! Your coloring on the strawberry hat and bow is outrageous!! Wow it is so, so good and I love the great layout you did! Thank so much for the tip on the leaves! I can't wait to give that a try!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your colouring in this one Vicki!! The hat and the box just seem to be real the way you coloured them!! Great card (as always!!).

    xxx
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  17. BWHAAA!! HAAA!! This made me laugh out loud!! How stinkin' cute!! I love that strawberry hat!! So cute Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****