Saturday, March 14, 2009

Our Creative Corner-Limited Supply Challenge



This week's hostess, Kim Teasdale, has created another fabulous challenge… she has challenged us to a Limited Supplies Challenge. Here are the rules: You may use any paper including designer papers but are only able to use a maximum of 3 layers (including your stamped image), 1 type of embellishment (buttons or brads or ribbon, etc), any stamps that you like and sentiments are optional.

This was a challenge. Only ONE embellishment!!!! lol...... I had to think about which one to choose, that would give me the most Bang for my Buck. I decided that I had better start with a Patterned Card Base and Dug out these We R Memory Keepers Kitchen Cards, that way, I would feel as if I had a little texture there!




I stamped the image from the Pink Cat Studio, Lily and Tweet Set and coloured with Copics, sponging over the image with Creamy Caramel Ink after. The sentiment is a SU! Rub on. Multi Layers of Riding Hood Red Ribbon which has a little ivory trim made me feel like I had a little more on my card. I had an additional layer behind the main image, but actually preferred the look of the two layers only.............hmmmm I wonder if I get a prize for really limiting myself here...................hehe.........just kidding!!!

I have developed a wee obsession with my white Gel Pen............. I just find that it seems to bring a little more life to the images!!!!


Head on over to Our Creative Corner to view the beautiful creations our talented Design Team have dished up this week.

Have a wonderful Saturday and if you haven't been to my blog in the last several days, or ever before, the two previous posts offer Blog Candy if you leave a comment!


Happy Stamping,

*****Vicki~~~~~

16 comments:

  1. He hee I had trouble with 1 embellishment too. And 3 layers......... Your card rocks, super job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this challenge was a real CHALLENGE. Love the white gel pen addition on the images -- it does add!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!! We are ribbon sistahs!! lol I was really amazed when I saw your card that you actually only used two layers. WTG!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great card! Love the colors you used and how you colored Lily and Tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Vicki, LOVE the fun image and your white gel pen accents are FABULOUS!! Hope your having a wonderful weekend!!

    Hugs to you, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki, your card is beautiful. Love the image, your coloring is fab! Happy weekend...;-) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Vicki, Lilly is a cutie! Definitely a real challenge for me all those limits hehe ... but you did good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are such a pair of cuties!! Love the way you colored them!!

    Great Work, Vicki!!

    Blessings,
    LORi BOYD

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such a fabulous colorist Vicki! Awesome use of color and the ribbons as embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are so cute!
    I love the rich colours of the reds and YES the white gel pen certainly does make things pop and come to life.
    Luv ya
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, what a cute image by PCS. Your card is adorable and good idea to use the ribbon. ..it covers much more space than any other embellishment. LOL! Love the gel pen highlights. I love adding them on my images too!

    I think I can play this challenge! Great job on you challenge card!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it. I was having palpitations just reading the words 'one embellishment' so I don't know how you managed this lol
    The image is fabulous.. the white pen is a great addition. Every now and again I discover mine amongst the rubble of inks and crafty mound on my desk and love using it.
    Hope the remainder of your weekend is a happy one :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Vicki, you have glammed up Lilly so wonderfully. I'm so impressed with your highlight of her with your white pen! It really brings the image to life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a really lovely clothes Diva! Adorable and very pretty and creative too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOh la la Vicki!! What a gorgeous creation!! Love the beautiful colors and details in the BG!! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing!!!!!!!! Wow, wow, wow! The color combo is just perfect and I love the layout you used! Your coloring though is drop dead gorgeous!! Wow, wow, wow!!! I love the way you use the white gel pen as well! it adds so much! This is beautiful!!

    Smiles,
    Janna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****