Monday, March 16, 2009

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long Week 8



It's only March and I now have 8 Christmas Cards completed for this year!!! Joining this blog group was an EXCELLENT idea, however it just occured to me that most of my cards have been 6x6, which means more postage!!!! hmmmm must remember to make quarter fold cards!!!!

The challenge this week was to create a scene using Designer Paper. Gave me a good excuse to pull out my rarely used Cricut machine and put it to work!

So, I started by making the Trees and the scenery and then I needed to determine where I was going to go with this card. Then I thought that wee Tree cutting Riley would look pretty cute in this venue!

I coloured him and cut him out, mounting him on my heavily stitched layout. The Tree DP is from Crate paper, the Snowflakes from Bo Bunny Press






Here is a little close up image, if you look really close, you may be able to spot the difference between the two photos!!!! lol............I love those puzzles.........they run one in People Magazine and it's the first place I go to after reading the "scoop" page.

Anyway, hope you like my little creation. Don't forget to follow the links to the Other DT blogs..........such fun ideas!!!! We have two new additions to our Team

Cathy from My Creative Space and my super talented friend Jodi from Inked Inspirations

I will be cutting of the entries for the Blog Candy in my two previous Posts and will choose winners sometime in the early evening............. I'll announce the winners tomorrow
If you haven't entered yet, leave a comment!

Happy Stamping

*****Vicki~~~~~

21 comments:

  1. oh man! this is SO CUTE! Love the stitching!!! Love the trees! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card!! I love all the stitching!! I have to say tho'...I can't spot the difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Vicki, love the colors of this Christmas card and you amaze me that you are doing Christmas cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, Riley is so fine, and so happy..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. How CUTE!!! Love all that stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Vicki. I like how shiny he is!! but I can't spot the difference...I look at those pictures in the back of the magazine and there is always one that I can't find!
    Luv ya
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, Vicki! You're so funny! I found the difference!!! Yay! Such a cute card! I love all the stiching! And Mr. Riley is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Vicki! Wow, I love what you did with the challenge. You really did something creative and put thought into your scenary. I love Riley in the scene. The snow with the the piercing looks fabulous. . .love the Christmas trees! Awesome job on the challenge!!

    good luck to me on the blog candy! LOL!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just too cute!! You did an amazing job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Vicki, your card is so beautiful. Love this riley. it´s so funny. Have a great day! Hugs from Silke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this Vicki, what a fun card with all the stitching. Love the scene you've created and such a sweet and beautifully coloured Riley, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just adorable!! You have added lots and lots of detail on it!! Great take on the challenge this week. Glad to be apart of this DT.
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, not Christmas already! This is scary...

    Having said that, the cards are so sweet! I love happy colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sweet!! Riley looks like he's having so much fun in the snow!! I love this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, I am crazy and had to look at your pics until I could see the difference. It's the tree trunks - they are coloured brown in the top pic!! I feel better now that I have found that!! :)

    Great card Vicki! Love Riley! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your Christmas card.
    Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, lots of detail here! I can't imagine sending that card away. I think I'd frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the cutest card ever!!!!!! I love the scene you created with your dp and the stitching!!! It is so, sos stunning and the way you colored in Riley is beautiful!!!! So, so much fun! You did an amazing job on this card and I can definitely see myself casing this beauty!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  19. He is just so cute and the card is just so pretty, and I am feeling guilty that I have done any Christmas cards yet. 'Gulp'

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, wow, I love the stitching and layering on this beautiful Christmas cards! You're doing good with your Holidays cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****