Monday, March 16, 2009

BLog Candy Winners and a challenge for more Blog Candy!


I find myself challenged to use no more than a smidgen of Orange on any of my creations. I think I have only went through about one full packet of Pumpkin Pie Paper over the several years that I was a Stampin Up! demo. I just don't get drawn to solid orange at all. I have found many yummy DP"s that had bits of orange, but to simply make an orange card, well. it's not in my creative databank at all.

So yesterday after stamping this sweet little lantern from the Our Craft Lounge Oriental Garden set, I thought hmmmm I should make the roses in the lantern orange, thus the birth of a Orange Card!!!!!

Don't know why I have an aversion to orange. Maybe it's because when I was little, I used to really like Orange Soda, until one day I got very carsick after drinking it............hmm well probably not, but I know I don't fancy fish and chips and orange pop anymore, think I became a Coke and Burger Girl after that!

So my Challenge to you is to create a card using primarily orange with one accent colour. Link your creation to this post and I will randomly choose a winner from all the entries. Not sure what the Candy will be, but I'll make it sweet!!!! You have until next Sunday at 10:00 a.m. to make the link.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Our Craft Lounge, Small Sayings
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip and Basic Grey DP
Ink: Momento Black, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Copics, Copic Spica pens, Oval Punch-lrg and Scallop, Choc Chip Ribbon

And now for last weeks Blog Candy winners!

The winner of the Hanna Stamps Blog Candy is Shannon at Desert Designs.

Here are your random numbers:
140 

Timestamp: 2009-03-16 21:04:45 UTC



She said:

Awesome card Vicki! So cute and I LOVE the pink!
Since you've showcased a wedding card, my chosen good luck story is my husband! He was assigned a summer internship in my hometown and needed a place to rent for the summer. As "luck" would have it I had job-shadowed a local real estate agent who knew my Dad had a small attached apartment for rent. The rest is history as they say...and that was 15 years ago this summer. :)


Please PM me your mailing addy at vickig@kos.net

Kristi will send your prize to you!

Thanks for playing.

The winner of my Blog Candy is:

Here are your random numbers:

38 

Timestamp: 2009-03-16 21:06:08 UTC



Katie and she said:

Katie Ann Brooks said...

whoa congrats! I wonder if I'll ever get that many hits?! No matter it is just fun to create and post. I love all your stuff! :)


Please email me with your addy and I'll get your Treasure out to you!!!!



I really hope you'll play along with the challenge! I can use some more ideas for orange!!!!

Happy Stamping

*****Vicki~~~~~

15 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki, love your card, orange is a hard color for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm - I'll have to see what I can come up with as Orange isn't my go-to color either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vicki. . .I'm not big on the color orange either but I have been using them quite often lately. . .well, that's an exaggeration. . .more often than I typically would is more like it.

    Love your card. . .it's different. I love the oriental design. . it's very elegant.

    Here is the post to your blog candy: http://stampininspirations.blogspot.com/2009/03/blog-candy-at-summerthyme-studio.html

    Hope you have a fabulous day!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fab card Vicki!! I love the yummy orange color!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Vicki, I think we all have an aversion to some colors...I know I desperately need some color challenges more than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree on the orange not being a fave color! You did good though -- this is a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I {heart} your orange card!! I seem to be using a lot of orange lately...what's up with that! I used to love Orange soda too...And Grape. Now just the thought of them turns my tummy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like you and many others, I have not used much orange either and find that a little of it goes a long way! This is a great challenge!
    I will have to think about this one.
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Vicki, today I made a card for your challenge and posted your challenge in today's posting! =)
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the winners! that is wonderful! I am the same way with yellow as you are with orange! I just hardly ever use it! I just have an aversion to it for some reason! I love this card though! That paper and the way you stamped the chinese symbols is so much fun! beautiful coloring on the lantern and the layout is wonderful!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely Asian card! I love the embossed and stamped BG's you did to support the gorgeous image. Very creative with the ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vicki! I blogged your challenge and created a card for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Vicki!
    This is a fabulous orange card! The background looks great, love the way you put it all together!
    I don't use orange much, I like it though and I've used it more with the SU in color tangerine!
    So here's a very tangerine card!
    ... Joyful Stamper: Just Believe!
    Let me know what you think of my orange card!
    Thanks Vicki!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, Shannon [desert designs] kept screaming at me to do this challenge. And I tried. I really did. I decided that Apricot Appeal was technically orange, and I could work with a pastel orange. I couldn't only use one other color though. It was sad. hehehe....

    Your challenge did spur this card outta me though. http://www.bunnycates.com/blog/2009/03/21/easter-ish-a-card/

    thanks for the challenge. even though I failed. LOL...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****