Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Winter Dancer


Sophie LOVES the snow..........well apparently she looks like she does, doesn't she? I suppose if I looked as sweet in a tutu and ballet flats, I might light to frolic around like she!!!

Actually, I LOVE a nice fluffy snowfall too! Well, under certain conditions.

1. I have to be at home.....no driving in the snow and ice for this winter white knuckler!!!

2. It has to be one of those warmer winter days........the ones that you can almost get away with just wearing a sweater and hat. I do have a couple of Icelandic Sweaters that are perfect for this.......no windchill for me.


3. It needs to be followed by some time spent in front of a warm toasty fire. Perhaps with a nice cup of Green Tea, Hot Chocolate with a hint of Baileys and good company!

We had some freezing rain last night, which scared me somewhat.. Last week the weather here was almost balmy, with several of my friends continuing to enjoy time on the golf course. Jonathon was still wearing shorts to school. This morning however albeit it sunny, you could see your puffs of breath in the air and the frost on the grass. UH OH! Winter's on its way.

I created this card for the Paper Planet Sketch Challenge. They post one each week in the Sketch Challenge Group. Using Kraft Paper as a base, I punched along the bottom of a 12x 4.5 piece of cardstock with the Martha Stewart Star Border Punch. Then I trimmed the card to 11 inches. I used the SU Snow wheel and white Craft ink to add a little dimension to the left hand side of the card and as well to highlight the edges. Bo Bunny's pretty Christmas Paper highlights the Kraft paper nicely. I used a border of Pink Pirouette and also a cuttlebug embossed circle as a Backdrop for Sophie.

To make her Tutu, I poked holes with a paper piercer through her skirt and threaded 3/16" pink satin ribbon through. For the snow, I cut a white circle the same size as the pink and tore the top and bottom edges of to give added dimension, highlighting the top edges of the snow with stickles. I added Liquid applique snow puffs and some Ribbon to ground the main image. The sentiment is from Deer Friends. a Stampin' Up! Hostess set. I used the Martha Stewart ferny brancy punch to add a little extra oomph to the sentiment!!!!

Did I ever mention my traumatic experience as a Ballet Dancer???? hehe........Well, after TWO seasons of dancing, my mother made the executive mama decision to refocus my interests in music...........ohhh...this could be a long one..........i'll save it until the next time I post Sophie

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I'm the first to post a comment on this card! It's just so pretty and precious! I love the ribbon tutu, it looks really cool, and so does the "pearl" snow! Great work on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****