Wednesday, November 26, 2008

TCP Tuesday SING



I've treated myself to a few new stamps lately..........everyone deserves to treat themselves now and again, don't they? Giving ourselves a pat on the back for a goal achieved, an accomplishment or just surviving every day life is really important, but new stamps just top it off nicely.

The images in the card are from The Cat's Pajamas Elegant Christmas set. I just love the elegant look and theme of the stamp set. Being a colouring fanatic, I very seldom use solid stamps, but I loved these ones from the first time I set eyes on them.

Every Tuesday, the Cats Pajamas have a Challenge. This week DT member Leigh O'Brien, who happens to be one of my favourite stampers in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD, is the Hostess today.
Hop on over to her blog SUNFLOWER STUDIO to see her sweet and whimsical card.



What a perfect setting for a Christmas card. We woke up after having a very wet snowfall last night to a Winter Wonderland. Although I am one of the White Knuckle winter drivers, I do love the look of a snowy winter scene and a balmy 1 degree celcius winter day! I took these pictures while waiting for the School Bus with Jonathon this morning.



Jonathon was not a big fan of posing for me this morning, but I did manage to stalk him down and snap a few shots, this one being my favourite.



So, he's off to School now and I am off to the Optometrist..............Oh NO, I finally have to resort to the fact that I need progressive lenses............yep, BIFOCALS..........eww....... I know that Progressive Lenses sound SO much better than Bifocals, but still I am thinking Bifocals......makes me feel as if I am getting older much faster but I guess part of maturing is setting aside vanity for comfort. I know that it will also prevent the crows feet that I am growing by squinching up one eye and squinting with the other, to read the fine print on things!!!! So away I go.

Oh yes, the card Recipe

Stamps: The Cats Pajamas Elegant Christmas
Paper: My Minds Eye DP, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Soft Sky
Accessories: SU SCallop Punch, EK Success Snowflake Punch, Cuttlebug Inch embossing folder, Stickles, Sponge, Dew Drops, Dimensionals and Making Memories Metal Words. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the photo to capture the gleam of the metal............ohhhh maybe when I get my Bifocals I'll see my pictures more clearly!!! hehe

Enjoy your Day~!

Vicki

10 comments:

  1. oh, this turned out precious! i love the bird and the colors you used! great sketch, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I can't beleive all the snow you got, it just started snow here right now, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki - this card is just gorgeous!! And those pics are beautiful - I love snowfall like that - it looks so peaceful. Oh - and I LOVE Jonathan's hat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty winter scene. I love snow... as long as it stays off the roads! LOL! I love that stocking hat he is wearing! I have a pair of reading glasses I use occationally. Only when the light isn't very good. It won't be long and I'll need them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. heehee I love all of these......Love Jonathons hat too...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photos of son and snow. He is so cute! I love your card. It is just plain elegant! How creative and such lovely colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful CARD -- sooo very pretty!

    Love the pictures of your son -- very sweet!

    BTW -- I am going to the eye doctor this week -- I'm pretty sure I'm going to need those "bifocals" --UGH!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, Vicki! You worked wonders with the sketch, for sure. And those snow photos....eek! I'm so not ready for that down here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color combo. It's so modern, but still feels wintery. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****