Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lily and Tweet Sweet Sweet Sweet


Sweet is the word that I use to describe this image from Pink Cat Studio. I just think Tweet the bird is so whimsical and adorable and well, Lily, she is pretty darn cute herself!!!! With all the snow on the ground, I felt like putting a little spring in my step and created this pastel themed card. Using some Scrap Designer Paper......... I believe it is from one of the DCWV glitter packs and inspired by the little flowers in the image, I got the idea to mount my sentiment on the Daisy, which is from my much neglected SU pretties kit. I continued with the daisy theme by punching a border with a Martha Stewart Border Punch, layering onto my cardstock colours of celery and bashful blue.




I coloured the image with my Copics. Hey did you know that if you run your colourless blender over an area before you colour, you can get a lighter saturation of the shade and create a watercolour effect??? Well you sure can!!!! I dotted up her fancy dress with some white gel pen, glittered her ribbons with sakura gelly roll and added a couple of dewdrops for dimension.

What a fun card to create!

Hope you all have a Happy Thursday! and to my friends and readers in the U.S. HAPPY THANKGIVING. Have a safe and happy holiday!

***Vicki***

5 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card Vicki! I love the soft colours and the sentiment on the flower is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what a cute card.. I've never had any pink cat studio cards. I'm going to have to check out their stuff! PS Love your hair color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now she really is 'sweet sweet sweet' and the whole card is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card Vicki, LOVE the fun design and your coloring is perfect!

    Have a wonderful weekend girlfriend!

    Hugs & Smiles,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****