Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The chill is in the air--Argh!


And I mean CHILL..................brrrr.......... the temperature over the last two days has dipped drastically to the point of reading at between 15 and 17 degrees celcius....... that is under 70 degrees! Pretty darn Cold for August eh???

I am positive that we will get some warm weather soon, but this cold spell has me greatly anticipating "sweater weather". Yep, Sweater Weather is what I refer to as Autumn, my favourite time of the year. So really for me, the Argh becomes a Wahoooooo!!!!

Why sweater weather? Well of course it's because I can finally comfortably don my favourite sweaters, which happen to be my clothing article of preference. From Cable knit to turtleneck, big chunky knit sweaters are as comforting as chocolate and green tea!!!!
Gee, maybe I can get away with slipping into one today.


While at Chicago CHA, I was very fortunate to participate in the COPICS Certification class. One of the very cool techniques, that Marianne taught was feathering. See the smooth transition of the blend of colour on the sweet Pirate's Parrot??? That is Feathering. I could write you a great tutorial (well, reasonably good at the least!) on how to do this, but I will give you something even better!!!! a Direct Link to Marianne's Blog............... I LIKE MARKERS Wow, almost every day, there is a great tutorial on the various techniques and tips for using copics! Why recreate the wheel when there is an expert at hand. Check out her Beautiful Illustrations as well, she is an amazing artist.

Sweet Riley Swashbukler was coloured in that very class, using a variety of Copic Markers. I was SO pleased with the depth of colour I was able to acheive after learning proper application of the markers. Rusty Pickle Designer Paper, Cuttle bug embossing Templates and a sentiment from the Hanna Stamps Trick or Treat set, help to complete the look of this more sweet than spooky card.

To those of you who commented on my angel post, sent private messages or thoughts and prayers my way, I thank you so much for giving me strength on a difficult day.

Hugs and love to you too!

Vicki

5 comments:

  1. This is too cute Vicki. Cold here the last few days too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaaaargh, Matey!! This is better than a chest full of gold! The parrot looks awesome. I {heart} fall too. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, so cute, awesome coloring love Riley. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this card. You have an award on my blog, the "I Love your Blog Award." Please read my post and retreive your award.
    Ta ta for now,
    Bela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwk! You're the coloring mastah!! I was so blessed to sit with you that day! Totally bringing back my smiles!

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****