Friday, September 7, 2007

Bloggers Challenge Week 11


I am so EXCITED to be a part of this awesome Bloggers Challenge group. Each week, members are required to meet the challenge and post the cards on Friday! If you know me, you will know that I am ALWAYS up for a challenge!!!!! Take a look at my Sidebar to check out the other members fabulous creations!!!! I have already had a look see and I have to tell you, they are all delicious!!!!

So, this weeks challenge, actually week one for me was to create a card based on the layout on Page 12 of the Holiday Mini Catalogue
This card was designed with a colour combination of Old Olive, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Taken with Teal and Really Rust. The Designer Paper hails from the Fall Flowers Designer Series Paper in our New Idea book and Catalogue. The Flower has been hand dyed with Soft Sky by using a sponge directly on the flower to add the colour. A good tip for inking flowers is to set your sponge down in the middle of the flower, drawing the ink out toward the edges. This will allow for a deeper gradation of colour to the middle of the flower and facilitates natural shading. The sentiment doubles up as an additional accent to build the flower, the middle of the sentiment stamped twice, punched with a 1/2 inch circle and mounted on a dimensional.

I LOVE making leaves with my Oval Punches . They are very simple to make. I used the Small Oval punch for these leaves, but you can also use the large oval for larger leaves. To do this, I essentially punch the ovals from Scrap paper, fold them in half length wise to create the middle vein and then I Scrunch them up a bit before rubbing them directly onto my ink pad (tone on tone works well for this-the sample uses Old Olive). Then you just play with them a bit until you achieve the shape that you desire! Quick and Easy!!!!

The embellishment in the left hand corner is made with the Photo Corner Punch and embellished with a metal from Memory Makers. The Ribbon hails from We R Memory Keepers Boho Chic Collection!!!!

Hope you all enjoy a Wonderful Weekend! If you happen to be in Kingston, pop by and visit me at the Leisure Show on Friday Night or Saturday! Get you copy of my new and exciting Fall class schedule. I have Lots of Fun Projects in store for you!

26 comments:

  1. Great card! I love how all of the floral elements flow through the card! Cool idea for the leaves too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers... Fabulous card. Love the flower and that metal embellishment rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Vicki - the leaves look so realistic. Happy to have you joining us in the weekly challenges.

    Lisa Somerville

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...great idea on the leaves! Love the BIG flower on this. Great job on the challenge. Welcome to the group, too!

    Connie
    http://inkspiredtreasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers and colors!!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty Vicki, I love how you created the leaves with punches to add to your lovely Flower. Great DP as well (I love that one). Ida

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! So glad to have you join us!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the group! Beautiful job with the challenge. Thanks for sharing how you created the leaves for the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT idea on the leaves -- I will be doing that now for sure!

    What a pretty card, too.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card--love the idea of using the circle punch in the middle of the flower. Welcome to the group!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great sample!!! love the leaves technique and sooo simple! Welcome, I'm a newbie too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I love the large flower on it. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree - this is beautiful, Vicki! I LOVE the way you did the leaves - ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. W-O-W Vicki - this is INCREDIBLE! I thought the flower from the pretties kit would be great to use as well, but I don't have that either... very, very nice interpretation of our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the flowers! Oh, this is just so pretty!! Wonderful...really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, Vicki!
    Congrats on becoming part of the Blogger Challenge group!

    ReplyDelete
  20. great job - love the big flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love this card - the large flower looks great!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE this card!!! Such a fun layout, eh? Welcome to the group!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty! Cool flower and leaves!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****