Saturday, February 11, 2012

C4C123-It's a LOVE sketch! and I LOVE my MOM!


Lynda is our "Crazy" Hostess this month and she's come up with a FABULOUS challenge for us, which was to make a card for someone you love, using the sketch below



Everything fell into place PERFECTLY for this challenge for me. First of All, tomorrow is my Mother's 72nd Birthday and I LOVE her to pieces, so how perfect that I could create my card for her AND be sure that she get's it on time, 'cause I don't have to mail it!!!

SECONDLY, Stampotique is releasing new stamps tomorrow!!! This Queen Stamp by Janet Klein just Emulates my Mom to a "T"  because she is the Queen in regard to the pecking order in our family! She is a Diva for sure, but in a good way. She carries herself with Grace and Elegance, but wouldn't bat an eye at screaming "Off with your head" if  you tick her off. She's a Fire Dragon with a Huge heart and a Beautiful Soul. As a lot of you know, we traveled to Mexico in January for a week's vacation. I wasn't quite sure how we'd do for a whole week together as sometimes as Mother and Daughter, we have our moments. 




We had the time of our lives. I can't think of a better travelling companion and look forward to taking another trip in the future. At 72, my Mother has more energy than a lot of people my own age. I also learned how brave and adventurous she is when we were deciding to book our excursions in Mexico.


Here she is ziplining for the first time ever! Go Grandma Go!

. We were so blessed to have a lovely group of young and energetic peeps with us on this excursion. It was quite a hike up to the zip lines and we were holding up the rear. The young men and women on the trip were so sweet and considerate, helping me to help mom up and over the more rugged areas of the trail. It was so nice to see them interacting with her and indicating that they were very inspired by the fact that she would be engaging in all of these activities at her age! I gained even more respect for her when she repelled way down into an underground cenote to swim.........she can't swim.....but they put a life jacket on her. She wasn't sure about doing this activity, but with all the encouragement from the group, she made her way down into the cave to the sounds of "you can do it Sandy!". It was beautiful to see her beam with pride when she succeeded in returning to the top of the cave, alive and healthy. Did I mention that MY MOM ROCKS? !!!!!!



Not only does she rock, she glows with Beauty. She is kind, caring, generous, outspoken, opinionated, harsh at times, but you won't meet ANYONE that has a heart that compares to hers. I am proud to be her daughter and blessed that she is my Mom. I don't express it well or often enough, but Mom, I Love you to the moon and back Not only have you raised me well ( I think?? hehe) but you are my friend and I hope that you're going to be with me for many more years so that we can enjoy many  more adventures!

Happy Birthday Mom
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Back to the card................


I coloured the Beautiful Queen with my Touch Twin Markers. Hope that you are liking the colour charts!

Supplies

Stamps: Queen and Diva from Stampotique Originals
Background and Sentiment: Circle Fusion 3 and Take me to your Cake Clear Stamp set
Embellies: Brads: Making Memories, Glitter-SU!  Viva Decor Pearl Pen-Gold


If you decide to play along with us, all you have to do is create a card/project and upload it to your blog and/or to your SCS Gallery using the keyword C4C120. Don't forget to go back here and link it on Mr Linky so that everyone else can see it too.

Now let's see what the "Crazies have come up with this week.......

Happy Stamping!



11 comments:

  1. Wonderful Vicki, love all th red... your momis so sweet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Your Mom sounds (and looks) like an AMAZING lady!!! Fab card, fab pics...thoroughly enjoyed the whole post!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vicki girl!! I adore the colors on this one hun!! Beautiful take on the sketch too!!! I've missed you girl!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a truly adorable card...love this sassy Queen of Hearts and that sentiment...oh my - had me giggling. Love this, you creative genius you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mama ROCKS Vickie!~ AWESOME sketch card!!~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous card Vicki!!
    And Happy Birthday to your Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, so perfect! Cracks me up. Eat a piece of cake for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I TOTALLY love your story and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDY!!!!! I'm SUPER excited you all had SUCH a great time and I LOVE the pictures... what a beauty she is Vicki!!!! OH! About that card... LOVE... have I mentioned that I have started printing out the color maps you all do with the TT's so I can learn how to color with them? Yup! Keep it up sistah sue, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is a special place in Heaven for your mom. She is a wonderful woman. Please give her a great big kiss and a hug from me.
    luv ya
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mom really rocks, gf......and your card...well..it is a rockin' creation as well.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****