Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sweet Memories!



I want to share   a little Christmas Gift that I've made for my son Jonathon.  For many years, we'd make a Gingerbread House each Christmas. Where does the time go? My sweet little boy has grown into an almost 6'5" young man. I'm sure that he'd humour me and build a Gingerbread House if I asked, but I'm sure it wouldn't be quite the same!




I started the project with a couple of things...........this nifty kraftboard box by Graphic 45 and The My Minds Eye Lost and Found Christmas Collection pack. I'm not sure if Scrappin' Great Deals still has the kit in stock, but you can find all the fabulous papers here .


The Box has a magnetic closure and a very cool accordion album inside, that you can decorate to your taste.



I started by covering the outside and the inside covers of the box with some of the matching papers

.

I sponged Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy to all the edges, as it softens it down. Also to cut down on the bulk a bit, I used the Lost and Found Christmas Stamps (which happen to be on sale now!) to Stamp the outside edges and interior of the box.


I embellished the box and layout with some of the die cuts from the Tag sheet in the kit as well as with the My Minds Eye decorative brads.

Here's a few shots of the accordion album

The Cover



These pictures are dated.........my sweet 9 year old is now 15......we had a lot of fun making gingerbread houses at Christmas



I had to don that Santa Hat too!........................I'm not sure if more candy made it onto the house, or into our bellies!






Ohhhh the Concentration here!


A little pocket for tucking in the Journaling and an extra picture or two!

Hmmm I haven't seen Jon make this particularly interesting face for at least a year or two!

Did I mention that I LOVE papercrafting kits? I managed to get this project done, along with 3 or 4 cards, a glass ornament and I still have a full sheet of paper that I intend to do another layout with!



Hope you enjoyed my project!





3 comments:

  1. Vicki, this is a gorgeous album for Jonathon! You did an awesome job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh LOVIN this Vicki, FABULOUS gift!!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful memory album!!! Absolutely gorgeous...total warm fuzzy feeling from this creation!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****