Thursday, October 29, 2015

Splitcoaststampers Wednesday Sketch Challenge with Doodlebug Design



Oh My! What a blustery week it's been here. Although it's really windy, the sun is finally peeking through the clouds and it's warmed up a bit. Yesterday I had a little bit of time on my hands (erm, I should say I MADE a little time......but who needs to do housework when there's cardmaking to do!).

I love playing the sketch challenges over at Splitcoaststampers. For those of you that have never heard of it, it's a wonderful stamping community with loads of inspiration and tutorials!

Anyway, I decided to create this shaker card for the sketch challenge.

To make the shaker portion, I simply used two circle dies to cut out the image that can be found on the Christmas Magic Paper I mounted the inner circle (tree images) on a piece of paper the size of the outer circle so I would have a base to mount the outer circle on, once I added my foam dimensionals. I cut a piece of acetate the size of the green circle and adhered to the green ring to create my window. Then I added some Polar White Flower Soft for my snowy shaker!

I assembled the shaker and mounted it onto a larger red circle and then again onto a flower shaped circle. I cut the flower shape out of some cupid's arrow from the sweetheart collection. I wanted a bright pop of the rich pink!

That was all mounted on Doodlebug Christmas Trim Paper with a strip of  Sugarplums Paper

The sweetie little Reindeer is from the Sugarplum Die cuts Craft Kit and the little present and Ju Jube from Kris Kringle Doodle Pop 3-D stickers. I also cut the "Christmas" out of the Christmas Magic paper and finished the sentiment off with some stickers that I found at the dollar store!

Hope you like my Whimsical Creation!


Happy Crafting~

--Vicki~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****