Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Vintage Hello and Momma's got her eye on you!!!!



Have I ever mentioned how much I love the versatility of Stamps?
No matter WHAT your style, you can use your stamps to achieve the look that you want.

Case in point: the the two cards I am featuring today!!! Completely different styles. That is WHY I kind of get a glazed over look when I am asked to describe my style. Is it that I have none? I just play with my stamps and go with what feels right at the time~

I LOVE the vintage look that I created on the first card. Using all sorts of supplies from Bev's stamping stash when I was in Texas, I turned out this beauty. There are a few occasions that my own work makes me go "WOW" and this is one of them. Actually, come to think of it, I think it's when I create these vintagy feeling cards. They remind me of some of my Grandmothers tatted lace slipcovers and quilts. A warm, comfortable feeling. For this card I used the Phone4you set for the base phone, but paired it with the sentiment from the  newly released phones2decorate
Using Stephanies Sizzix Heart Dies, I created a base to ground the phone on.



This little charmer reflects my at times, WACKY Personality!!! and twisted sense of humour
I wanted something bright and vibrant and busy....just like my Mama!!!  The idea to add the eyeball in the centre of the phone is that you should always conduct yourself as if your Mother has an eye on you!!!  The sentiment and funky phone design is in the phones2decorate set. I LOVE the sentiment as that is what my mom says when she leaves a message on my phone....well not always please, but call your mother.....lol. Speaking of Mom's, I'm totally looking forward to Mother's Day weekend. We are going on a little Wine Tasting excursion to Prince Edward County on Saturday and I've promised to assist her with some gardening on Sunday (I am not a fan of gardening, but it IS Mother's Day!)



Here's a picture of Me and My Mother on a Red Hat excursion last year





She's such a pretty one!!! This year it's not a Red Hat excursion, but a Road Trip with her Beta Sigma Phi Girlfriends.....hoping to get some good photos of the gorgeous scenery and my Beautiful Mom!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****