Monday, September 3, 2012

TTC24 and Making some changes




As some of you probably know, I lost a lot of pictures, including my blog header on my blog, when I deleted some albums off my phone, which had synced to my google account. Ugh, I must say that I'm not the most advanced person when it comes to technology, but what can you do? Live and Learn. I know that Veronica, the sweet lady who redesigned my blog a couple of years ago would probably be very kind and resend my blog header, but I figure it's time for a do over. In fact, I think it's time for a big "DO-OVER" on my blog in general. In the past, I spent much more time writing on my blog, in addition to displaying my DT work, or creations in general. I'd like to get back to that. I'd like to be able to look back at my blog next year and see where I was at last year. Given that I'm getting older and my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be and is not likely to get any sharper, I want my blog to have more emphasis on me, my life, my musings, likes, dislikes, opinions and perhaps even the occasional rant!! I want my blog to be more than me just putting up a card sample with some credits, but rather a record of where I'm at today, tomorrow and years from now.

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to lay it out, because I know that not everyone will be interested in my "extra stuff" . I will start with a photo of my project for that day, if applicable and go from there. I will post a second photo of the project after I've had my ramble along with the credits for that Project...... so it may look like

Project Photo
Babble
Babble
Personal Photo
Babble Babble Babble
Project Photo
Very important information about the Project
and perhaps a little more babble to end the post......


I took this photo last night off Pauls deck. It was with my cell phone and I was giving myself a kick in the butt for not having my "good" camera with me. Still it looks serene and peaceful. It didn't quite catch the vibrancy of the sunset, but it does capture the feeling. Relaxed and a little sad in realizing that it is the last sunset I will capture as the "unofficial" summer ends. Not sure when we can officially say "autumn", but with the start of school tomorrow signifies the end of summer for me.

Speaking of which.......



Jon starts back to school tomorrow. He's in his Senior year. He also got his learners licence recently and can be on the road on his own by next March~ Sheesh.....can you believe it? I know that I can't~ He's not a big fan of Academia and is not very excited about getting back into the routine. The last couple of years he's been pumped up for the Football season, but sadly this year, he's not cleared to compete due to a concussion that he incurred last fall, followed by another hard hit to the head at the tryouts for the Spring Rep league. I'm a little bummed that he won't be playing as I've enjoyed cheering him on, but obviously his health and brain are far more important. He's thinking of training for Shotput, so I can cheer him on at Track and Field next year. He'll also be taking a Hunter Safety course in a couple of weeks and is looking forward to joining friends and family on a few hunting excursions!




Now that he's driving, I'm free to let my hair flow back, take pictures...oh and of course give him some driving tips

As for me, I finished my summer course. I haven't got my final mark in, but I did manage an 88% on my term paper. I felt pretty proud of that, considering it's been several years since I've written an academic paper. I should have my final mark in soon. I'm doing two courses this fall. Trying to fast track to finish my degree so that I can graduate next fall. I'll save some of that Babble for another time.



And now for my project......



The challenge for this last period is a colour inspiration. 




I used the picture in this photo as well, for inspiration for my layout.

Play along with the Touch Challenge. You can get all the details HERE  http://touchtwinchallenges.blogspot.ca/

Stamps: Image: Stamping Bella, Sentiment: Impression Obsession
Cardstock: SU!
Markers: Touch Twin by Shinhan Arts



2 comments:

  1. Vicki I just love your sweet card! Looking forward to your new layout and changes. Good luck to Jon tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ya Lady! Love that you are getting "Up Close & Personal"! You are a blessing and should be shared! Love that you used my Peek-a-Boo Baby Stamp too! Thank You! Big Hugs-LORi

    P.S. A senior this year? No way! Where has the time gone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****