Thursday, August 16, 2012

Impression Obsession Challenge-Shades of Grey and Yellow!



Yep! A grey and yellow challenge this week. I just added the "shades" of grey in because of all of the hype with the SOG series. Haven't read them yet and don't plan to anytime soon....too much on my plate and most of what I'm reading lately is associated with lectures. By this time next year, I hope to be graduating from University! This is more of a personal goal than a career goal and although it might help with regard to having some more flexibility at work, it's not a career dependent thing, but rather a matter of self satisfaction. My father once shared a story of a lady that owned a home in which he boarded as a young man. Although he only lived there briefly, he often went back to visit Mrs Campbell. Mrs Campbell worked diligently on University courses over her lifetime and was well into her 70's when she acquired her BA! Soooo that is my inspirational share for today.

Want to play along with the challenge? Get all the details and post your card on the IO stamps blog HERE. For my card, I used this gorgeous Pumpkin Stack stamp. I see that our sweet Shirley posted a wonderful tutorial using this stamp earlier this week in the blog! YUMMY!!!

Isn't this sentiment adorable? I am loving the sizing of the font here!!! Paper is from Bazzil 

It's really difficult to do a colour Map for this images, so I'll give you the list of markers instead

Border and Moon Y35, YR31
Green Leaves: GY48, Y41
Orange Leaves: YR24, YR23
Red Leaves: R2, R4
Basket: BR97, YR29
Pumpkins: Y35, Yr23, YR24, and R14

Be sure to check out the talented DT designs by following the links on my sidebar to the blogs

Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki - great card! Love the richness of Bazzill, eh? Great image - love your colouring. Keep plugging away at those books!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellows and greys you chose have a definite punch ! Wonderful for a fall inspired card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is wonderful and so very Fall too! The colors are so pretty and vibrant too. I went back to school when my daughter was a senior in college. I finished my bachelor and got my master degree too because it only took one more year. I practiced social work for another 10 years before retiring. Congrats to you dear lady!!! You inspire us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Vicki!! Wow!! This is just fabulous!! I just love Fall and these colors are fantastic my dear!! Cute image too!! Hope all is well with you! HUGS ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****