Monday, September 12, 2011

With a view like this, how can I think about Christmas Cards!



Before I share my project with you for today, I wanted to share the pretty view that we enjoyed on the lake last evening as we shared an AMAZING dinner with good friends. 


As the sun started to set, the colours descended from the clouds; the most amazing hues of Mauves, Pinks and tangerine.


The reflections of colour on the water were equally beautiful.


As we enjoyed a relatively warm weekend and dinner on the deck, it got me thinking that I needed to really relish this moment, because before we know it, the water will freeze over and we'll be looking at a dusting of snow on the lake and a rather gray horizon line. It can get quite pretty out on the lake in the winter, but doesn't compare to the autumn sunsets; another reason why autumn is my favourite season.

With the change of the seasons, it's a good indicator that it's time to get a start on my Christmas Stamping


I created this card with  this lovely new Spellbinders Vintage Christmas card kit. 
You simply use your coordinating Nestabilitie to cut out the fabulous preprinted images and away you go~! For this card I used Scalloped Ovals

Isn't the Designer Paper Pretty? It's from My Mind's Eye-Lost and Found Christmas Collection. I used Glitter Boughs and  Glitter Peace

A little touch of Flower Soft - in this case, Ultrafine Strawberryadds a touch of dimension.

The Sweet Brad in the middle of the vintage lace is from the MME Lost & Found Christmas Decorative Brad Collection. There are a LOT of fun fun pieces in this and you'll see some in future projects!

Hope you all have an AMAZING week and I'll be back soon with another creation!


Vicki

5 comments:

  1. Vicki:
    Wow! Those photos of the sunset are gorgeous. What a beautiful and romantic night that must have been.
    I had to click for a closer look at your Christmas Card. Such a lovely card, I especially like the vine growing on the light pole.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...those photos are AMAZING......and your card ain't bad either, gf

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Totally GORGEOUS Vicki, LOVE your pictures, I feel ya girl but your Christmas card is GORGEOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I don't know how you get any stamping done with a view like that! Say hi to Paul for me. You card is gorgeous!
    Miss you much
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  5. just incredibly awesome pics Vicki :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****