Saturday, July 25, 2009

Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge


This week's challenge over at OCC is a gorgeous Sketch Challenge brought to you by our fab Hostess Jenny! I love this sketch and to see the actual sketch (I'm away from home again!) you can head over to the OCC to see it, along with the sweet designs of my counterparts!
Each time I load my card into the group blog, I get so excited to see what's in store for you for the challenge!!!
I used the ever sweet Marti from InStyle Stamps , who appears to be enjoying her Blue Curaco Martini immensely! She is one Classy Chicka for sure!
I coloured her with Copics. On my travels to Woodstock yesterday, I had the opportunity to stop in and have a visit with Em from Stamping Bella! Wow! her store is fun and full of eye candy galore! She is the sweetest and I'm looking forward to stopping again when I'm up that way!
I picked up a Cupcake Diva Stamp, some Yummalicious Prima Printed Twill, Buttons and two new Cosmo Cricket Paper Packs! Oh and a few more Prism Pencils (thanks Paula! lol!)
Jacqui and I made a trip to Scrapping Great Deals last night, before we filled our tummies at the Mandarin. I picked up the DP that I used on the card............yes, when it comes to Designer Paper I am likened to a Crack Addict...............If I pull just one sheet, I'm doomed.............doomed! Well it started at Em's and carried over to Sheila's! Anyway, this DP is from We R Memory Keepers Tiffany's line.............yep Jax just HAD to bring it to my attention.
The Ribbon is my absolute Favourite..........you'll see it over and over on my cards until I have run out.............then you'll just see water spots on my creations from the tears falling onto the place where that ribbon would have accented my card so perfectly!
Can you tell I'm a little giddy this morning? Just spending time with my best girls makes me happy! The Rub on is from Stampin' Up! and was applied directly to the Satiny, ever so smooth chocolately rich ribbon! Half Pearls are from K&Co.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! I'll have another post for you on Monday and then next week you'll see some awesome sneak peeks from Hanna Stamps, Pink Cat Studio, InStyle Stamps and Our Craft Lounge..............this means that I'll be busy as a bee and the posts may be scarce for the next few.....................
Stampin' my fingers to the Bone!
*****Vicki~~~~~

13 comments:

  1. another beautiful card Vicki ... hope you are having lots of fun stamping with your friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked Sweet, love that great paper and sweet gal. Hugs Cindy XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diva-licious!!! Awesome card - Vicki!!!
    Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that rub ons would go on the satin ribbon!!!! I have got to give that a try! Wonderful card too, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I'd be able to resist those papers either!!! This is fabulous, Vicki!! I justify my DP habit by knowing that it's a 'consumable' so I can never have enough!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN paper! I love your ribbon with the rub on - and those three rows of pearls, the perfect glam touch for the card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and design Vicki, I LOVE your sentiment on the ribbon and the pretty pearls on the 3 panels.

    Have a wonderful weekend! Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have what she's having!

    I love the retro feel of this card, Vicki. Great job, as always. I look forward to all the peeks coming up.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Vicki, love the image and those papers, great idea to add a rub-on to the ribbon, Sounds like your having a great weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marti is definitely classy! Love all the pearls that you added to your card. Wow! Love that awesome dp too!

    How fun to spend time with your gal pals!! Sounds like you had a fun time!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous crd Vicki! I hope you are having a fabulous girly weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you got to come and spend time with me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vicki,

    I just adore this card I love how you colored her dress and I really love that layout too!!! I am so sorry I have not had much commenting time this summer things are just so busy and I am not able to get out to the blogs I love near as much as I want too, but I did take some time to go through your creations I have missed and you are as always wickedly talented my friend!!! I love all your creations!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****