Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm late, I'm LATE!!!! CSAYL





Yes, late is the theme for today!!!! I actually had my card complete and ready to go last night, but unfortunately my computer has not been very cooperative as of late and the internet went down just as I was about to post. I was planning on getting up REALLY early today to make my post, but hmmmmmmmm yep, late!!! The alarm went off at 5:30 a.m. and I lay there thinking I would drift through one song and then get up................NOPE! Half an hour later I woke up. I guess that if I REALLY want to get up on time, I'll have to set the alarm to the Screaming Sound that would rise anyone from their bed while risking cardiac arrest from the shocking sound!
Anyway, I was almost talking myself out of going to the gym this morning with the excuse that I had to make this post. As you know, i've been on Vakay for the last couple of weeks and all my routines and good eating habits went out the window, so I was really committed to getting back on track today~
So I did get to the gym, was running late and missed getting there early enought to do my cardio before swim, but managed to slip into the pool (Gracefully of course........think Esther Williams........and if you're going HUH??? well you're just young! lol) in time for Aqua fit!
After being in the water for a few, I started to think that I was missing something........hmmm did I fully pack my bag for work??? Ohhh I hope that I didn't forget my undergarments.......oh well, just focus on the class Vicki.....splash splash!!!
Sure enough, the essentials were not in my bag!!!! Had to make a trip home to ensure that I was dressed appropriately for work, which of course made me late!!!!.....................and If I ramble on any more here, I'll be late getting dinner on too!!!!
The Challenge this week, hosted by Debbie is to decorate your card inside and out. This seems to be quite trendy lately! I chose to make a gift card holder.




On Saturday, Kristi treated me to a Prism class taught by Paula Williamson! All I can say is WOW!!!! Paula is one talented lady! I totally learned a lot from her, so thanks Kristi and Paula......it was a real treat! Check out Paula's BLOG . Her work is AMAZING!!!!!

So I played with the Prism's on this image........not totally please with my work, but the image was pretty small (excuses, excuses!) and I am looking forward to going at it again!!!!

The image is an Elzybell that was carried by amuse. I coloured with Prism Pencils, blended with Gamsol and Sponged with Versamark Chalk Ink. The Cool Clear Snowflakes are from Heidi Swapp and the Snowflake on the inside of the card is from a Dollar Store. Ribbon, sentiment and hardware from Stampin' Up!





Head on over to the CSAYL Blog to see the Awesome Creations! Hope you'll play along!


*****Vicki~~~~~

17 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I always look forward to seeing your creations on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki how CUTE CUTE CUTE!! I LOVE those snowflakes...adorable...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW!! This is just too darn SWEET girl!! I love the image and the gorgeous snowflake!! :) HUGS!! Have fun at your class!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous Vicki ... so glad you enjoyed your class with paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute, I love those snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Sounds like you had a rough beginning! I don't think a loud blaring alarm works either if you have the snooze button near by. LOL! I snooze my alarm at least 4x before I actually wake up. If I don't get up by the 4th snooze, I actually sleep through the alarm. . .blaring sound and all!

    Yeah, it's a good idea to check if you brought your underwear. . .LOL! Not a good idea to have a Paris Hilton peep show at work!

    Glad you got your card posted! It looks fantastic. I love what you did with the image. . .very pretty. The inside is wow, fantastic! The snowflake is beautiful!! Awesome job on the challenge, Vicki!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey this looks awesome!
    I'll have to make some cards with this cutie patootie - I stamped off some images when I was at your place!
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card was worth waiting for, my dear - such a stunner! The colors, the cute image, the snowflake, the globe look... WOW!

    And I am SO jealous that you got to take a class with Paula!!! I read that she would be teaching in Toronto later this summer and I kept thinking, "Hmm, this is really just an eight-hour drive from here, no biggie, totally do-able..." ;P

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man I sure LOVE this image Vicki! Gonna go try to find it! Love your coloring too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute and sweet!! Love the way you colored her too! I just love the pretty snowflake on the inside!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm having one of those weeks - sorry so late in posting. Your card was definitely worth the wait - the colors are awesome, the image is adorable and that snowflake inside is WOW...your card rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Vicki, love the cute image and the snowflake and your colouring are beautiful. Hope you have a great day. Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Vicki, your card is sooo sweet. I love the cute image and th red color! Great work... Hugs and happy day. Silke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Vicki! Welcome back from Vacation! Back to Work! I love this creation -- the way you shaded the outer edge and added in the snow is wonderful. Filing that idea away in the copy cat file!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, Love, LOVE this card Vicki!!! So creative and wonderfully put together elements!!! I always wish I could see stuff IRL! lol
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would never have made it to the gym, so my hat's off to you... late or not!

    I think you colored this sweet image perfectly! I especially like the shading. You are rockin' with Prismas now, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****