Monday, March 2, 2009

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Week Six



Maria just keeps coming up with the best sketches.......... I just realized as I am posting this card that I got the sketch, but totally missed the boat on the challenge.......... we were only supposed to use eyelets as embellishments............OOPS..........well it's too late to pull the ribbon off and I am one more card closer to my goal of 40 cards by Christmas time........... I hope I don't get the "boot" from the group..................then I'll be frantically making cards again by mid December...........



I used the Holy Tryptich Set from Stampin Up! I inked both images with Baroque Burgandy ink and sponged the edges with Creamy Caramel. I used a Vanilla Copic to put a slight amount of shading on the robes and coloured only the faces in with Skin White Copic.

The designer paper is from My Minds Eye signature Christmas Stack. I used SU! Burgandy cardstock as my base colour.

The Ribbon that shouldn't be on the card is Satin Ribbon that retired from SU!!! I think it was in the Christmas Mini last year..........I know it came on sale and I bought a few spools because I love it so much!

I stamped the sentiment from So Many Sayings and embossed in Gold Detail embossing Powder, punched it out with the SU Large Oval Punch and then layered it over the star which I punched from some of the DP!!!

I promise next week to make sure that I follow the challenge rules to the letter!!!!

How are you coming with your Christmas cards???

Happy Stamping!

*****Vicki~~~~~

15 comments:

  1. ohhh Vicki, good morning? Your x mas card is so pretty. Love the Bg paper, the image is beautiful... Have a good day... Big hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodmorning! As always your card is beautiful...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty pretty creation!! Love your details with that oh so yummy ribbon!! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Not to worry, others added other embellishments on their cards too. I think it was a "what! no other embellishment, I refuse" type of reaction to the challenge. LOL!

    Love your card. Wow,such pretty papers and I love the colors!! As always, you do such spectacular work! I love the vintage sponging to the paper..beautiful!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! So elegant!
    Love it!
    Love the colors, the paper, the ribbon, the stamp...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for Christmas and love the DSP too!
    I still love your card even though you used a ribbon! Very pretty!
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!!! Love the images and the color combo, The papers are awesome!!! THe ribbon makes the card...good thing you added it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Vicki this card is stunning and I love that stamp set too!!! You did a great job on your Christmas card and I am really enjoying seeing all your creations for Christmas!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - yeah I fudged a bit too - added a sticker...your card is amazing - I am having fun visiting all the group and seeing their work. Truly talented girls we are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Vicki- Oh well, it's still another card done and very nice at that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card! It is so fun to see everyone's take on these challenges

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow Vicki! I know you weren't supposed to use that bow but it is gorgeous with a capital G!!!! I am so in love with it and all the elements you used! The piercing around the sentiment is perfect and I adore your image! This is a very elegant Christmas card!

    Smiles,
    janan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have struggled with that stamp set. Can't get it to look right. You nailed it! Beautiful card.

    As for me, I'm still thinking about the cards I should have sent last year! LOL

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is awesome! Lots of wonderful details! Your bow is perfect - I'm so jealous as my bows never turn out that good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****