Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thinking of Kristi

My dear dear friend Kristi, lost her father today. If you follow Kristi's blog, you will have read that her father suffered a massive heart attack on Friday evening. It saddens me to think about how she and her family must be feeling at this moment and renders me helpless as to what I can say or do to fix things for her. Nothing I can say or do can take away the pain of losing someone that you love.

I can relate to loss however and wanted to share a poem that has given me comfort in times of grief.


Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.


Please know Kristi, that you all are in my thoughts and prayers. Trust that our Creator cradles your Father safely in his arms and that he is still with you, today tomorrow and always.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read the loss of your dear friend Krist's Father. All you can do is be there for her and know her Father is in heaven now in God's hands. I read aloud a similiar poem at my dear MIL's wake. It still brings tears to my eyes. She wanted us to party and eat hearty, so 100 of us went to the country club and celebrated her life! It was fabulous closure as well. My prayers are with Krist's family during this difficult time. God bless, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem was just read at my fathers commital service. It is very comforting. This is still fresh in my mind as it was just in Sept. Thanks for posting it for others to read.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my dear friend...Thank you.....
    This is what was on his prayer cards....thank you! I love you to death!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****