Tuesday, November 25, 2008

New Rubber-I'm in the Pink


It was just like Christmas when I arrived home from work yesterday, to find that my Pink Cat Studio Stamps had arrived. Holy moses! Seems like I had just ordered them yesterday!!! I was very impressed with the quick shipping.

Getting new rubber makes me positively Giddy! and I just couldn't wait to break into my stamps. The images came on a sheet of soft rubber, which cut very nicely I must add!

Heading to my computer to see what the daily challenge was, I found this image perfect for the gift card holder challenge. I had just bought this delicious October Afternoon Good Cheer Paper on the weekend and was itching to bust into it!

To see instructions or get the link for a Video Tutorial by Jen McGuire over at Hero Arts, follow this LINK



To create this card, I followed the basic Instructions on the Tutorial. Then I stamped my image onto Neenah paper and coloured it with Copic Markers. Did I mention I LOVE to colour??? Because I love having some dimension in my creations, I used flocking powder on her cuffs and muffs.............hehe.............poet this morning! and some liquid applique to create a blanket of snow. Then I figured that they would look adorable in the middle of a gentle snowfall, so off to work with the white gel pel. Then a little silver for her buttons and some accents on Frosty.
Ribbon, a Heidi Swapp clear Snowflake, Curly Punchout and a Button finish it all off quite nicely I think!!! The sentiment on the inside of the card is also from the Lily and Tweet set. I addeda Felt Flurry Snowflake from SU just to give a little extra oomph!!!!!



Thanks so much to Shirley over at Card Art, Etc.
for her thoughtful award.

Below is a translation of the Portuguese words and the rules for the award:

Translating the words on the above award from Portuguese to English: "This blog award invests and believes in proximity - (creating friendships)!" [meaning, that blogging makes us 'close' -being close through proxy]. These are the other words to be included with the award:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbon of these awards are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please
give more attention to these bloggers! Deliver this award to 8 bloggers who much
choose 8 more and include this written text into the body of their award.


So, my choices are as follows:

Jacqui over at Sisterlines Space in time -My best friend EVER!!!

Diana Gibbs-My Best friend EVER's Sister,,,,,,,,,,, who I can't WAIT to meet at CHA!

Candice Lighty over at Rubbah Soul-We are on the Hanna Team together and the more we get to talking, the more you would thing that we are Soul Sisters!!! I just love her and her work to bits!!!!!

Vicki, aka Basement Stamper at Stamped Smiles She does great STUFF!!!!!!

Michelle at Creative Treasures. Can this lady SCRAP............wow!!!! Inspires me to get back to my Scrappin' Roots!!
Cindy is a phenomenal Scrapper and Cardmaker. I had the privelege to meet her at a conference in Ottawa and I am totally impressed with her work. I LOVE her Bilingual Blog and you can see it HERE

Deborah over at Stampin' on the Mountain has a sweet and clean style that I like

Last, but not least my friend Wendy....... I had the opportunity to meet Wendy at CHA last year and I just love her to bits! Although we don't keep in touch as often as we should, I follow her blog and can keep up on what she is up to!!!! Hop on over and see her Wickedly Wonderful Creations

Well, I better bust a move..........going to be late for work if I don't get moving!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. WOW! Thank you so much Vicki!! I truly appreciate your kind words and thinking of me!! :) You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card looks fantastic! You've put a lot of time on coloring that image, obviously, and it turned out fantastic! Love the inside of the card, too!

    Thanks so much for the award: I am very flattered!!! It was a real pleasure to meet you at Josée's Stampin' Girls convention. I'm just bummed that it was a one-time thing - it would have been so fun to hang out with you at other events!

    Oh, well, never say never, right? You don't happen to have family in Quebec City or something, do you? *grin*

    Have a great day, Vicky!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colors on this card Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and nice card! It is always nice to get new rubbah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Vicki for thinking of me me! I am honored! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award! I am a crafting fool! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you SO much, Vicki - you re the BEST!!! I just love ya bunches!! And you're right - we're total soul sisters - hee hee... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so welcome, Vicki and thanks for speading the word!! Love your cards too by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****