Monday, October 20, 2008

Christmas is just around the corner!



Before you know it, Christmas will be here! For me it's kind of a denial thing...............every year I say that I am going to get started on my Christmas cards early........every year its the SAME OLD THING!

Come August, I start to think if I start my cards now, I can work at a leisurely pace to get my cards done and wouldn't it be COOL to give everyone a unique card........could be done, if I started in JANUARY!!!!

Well, here we are almost into November and once again I don't have any cards completed. In fact the norm is that I go into a stamping frenzy around the 15th of December (long after the cards should have been mailed), ink flying off the pad, sweat on my brow, trying to produce enough Christmas cards for my friends and family!!!!



If I am lucky, I have just enough for everyone and don't have to go to the store and (ohhh cover your eyes if this part it too horrible.........almost makes ME shiver!) buy cards to send!

But Alas!!! This year, I have a head start! I have ONE card completed. Yep...........this one!!!!
I made this card for the October Hanna Release. The image is from the Vintage Toys collection.

I masked out the little Soldiers (it required three images of the solider stamped onto a post it note). The soldiers were then coloured with Copic Markers, the background sponged in with Creamy Caramel. Once assembled, I filled in the straps with Silver Gel Pen and added Liquid Applique to the Soldiers hat. All paper is from Stamping up: Baja Breeze, SU! Christmas paper and Chocolate Chip. The wide Satin Ribbon and Brads are also from SU! The paper poinsettias.........well I forget. Short term memory seems to fail me!!!

So if you want to prevent Christmas card anxiety........you best get crackin' on those festive creations!

7 comments:

  1. LMBO!!! hmmmm...I don't know anyone else, (me) that sounds like that! Except usually around Dec. 10th I am desperately trying to get a decent pic of the kids to upload to snapfish so that I can have 75 cards made up overnight and pay some crazy expedited shipping fee. Those come presigned and everything. But THIS YEAR will be different! I am going away stamping next weekend and my goal is to make some Christmas cards....we'll see.
    48 hours of stamping
    + 8 friends
    -6 hours of sleep
    + lots of chocolate
    should = about 7 completed cards!
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your toy soldiers card! Maybe try and set a goal for each week, like 4 Christmas cards. They add up quickly and are so fun to create! Good luck! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookin' good, Vicky! I usually crack the Christmas stamp sets open around this time of year and use them to do challenges cards. I *hate* assembly-line stamping, so I'd rather stamp a Christmas card here and there and have a stack to choose from come December than design a yearly card and stamp it 25 times. (Urgh.)

    Then, I send my favorites to the people who I know really appreciate the time I put into my creations and keep all of my cards (like my aunts, who are my biggest supporters) and then work my way down the list that way...

    Now go and stamp some more Christmas beauties! Six more weeks before December, you've got PLENTY of time! ;D

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! The image is too darn cute!! Love your creation!! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one gorgeous card! Everything about it says Christmas morning! The primas are perfect and the colors are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely and totally relate to your antics -- I am like that with Christmas cards every year. This year, I am making it easy on myself though -- I have a simple layout plan and I will get them done in time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****