Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bloggers Challenge Week 46-Willows for Mother


I can hardly believe that my Friday Challenge will is up before Friday. Quite often, I actually challenge myself on Friday, so I don't get around to posting until Saturday, but this week I am ahead of the game.

Is it because of my wonderful organization skills you ask?? Definitely NOT!!! I always work well under pressure.

This week I am ahead of the game for a couple of reasons. Wednesday's Sketch challenge was SO inspiring to me that I decided I needed to use it for my Mother's Day card. Did you know that this sketch was designed by Lynn Mecurio, who is a member of our Bloggers Challenge Group?


Secondly, My Mother is wonderful (although we bicker sometimes and she continues to remind me that, in her opinion I am going through the change of life) and is deserving of a pretty card. She does so much for myself and my son and although she isn't so silent about it, she can be very selfless. A lot of the times in my life when I SO did not want her to be right, she WAS and as I grew older, I learned to value her opinion and her excellent ability to read people.




So here's to you Mom. You raised me well and you continue to nurture and love us as we are, albeit frustrating at times. Even though I don't tell you how I feel often enough, I love you, your strengths, quirks and even the faults that make up your persona. I hope that I am fortunate to celebrate many many Mother's days with you.

Love,

Me



Card Recipe:

Pussy Willow Stamp-Sunshine Design
Pallette Noir Ink-Burnt Umber
Signo gel Pen-White
Copic marker No 3 Gray
Basic Grey Sultry DP
Family Printed Cardstock-?
Stampin' Up! Pomegranite Ribbon and Chocolate Chip Twill Ribbon

19 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning, What a great tribute to your mom too! Have a Happy Mother's Day! Thanks for sharing your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, your card is beautiful and so is your post!!! I love this card, and the layout too. I was just sitting down to try that sketch!

    Happy Mother's Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a truly beautiful card, and such a lovely sentiment for your Mom. She's lucky to have you for a daughter. I'm so very pleased that the sketch inspired such a wonderful Mother's Day card for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant card! The colors are so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply gorgeous! I love that DP and your main image is beautiful! Great job! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL! Your mom will love it, I'm sure...and Lynn's sketch looks wonderful with your design! I love pussy willows...will need find that stamp for my own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card (good idea to combine challenges, too). Ouch that your mom tells you that you are going through the change! Just be glad that she is around : )
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card - I'm sure you mom will appreciate your touching note too! Beautifully created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Vicki this is SWEET...you are so talented. I am so lucky you are my friend!
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vicki, your card is beautiful. I love what you said about your mum and hope to meet her one day. You remember my Canadian friend Debbie? I absolutely love her mum, she calls me her American daughter. I hope you and you son have a beautiful day on Sunday with your momma.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicki your card is just stunning! You did a wonderful job with the sketch and the willows are so oriental and gorgeous. Beautiful job on your special mother's day card...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The willows are awesome! I love what you did with them. Your Mom will love this card, it's very elegant looking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely Vicki, That was a cool sketch and I hope maybe to give it a try myself next week. Loved what you did with it and also what you said about your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a lovely and elegant card! Your image worked out perfectly with Lynn's sketch! Beautifully done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vicki, this is gorgeous! Pussy Willows are one of my favorite things. All the elements in this card come together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely tribute to your mom. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely, Vicki--both the card and your post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful willow Vicki! Love your sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is SO pretty! The colors are very striking and the detail on the pussy willow makes it look so real. Very nice card! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****