Saturday, September 29, 2007

Feeling so Loved and Friday Challenge #14 , on a Saturday


Sorry I'm a little late in posting the Friday Bloggers Challenge!! You see yesterday was my Birthday and I was very very busy being pampered, flattered and loved!!!! I woke up to find this cute Birthday Banner on my Bathroom door ( I couldn't figure out initially why Jonathon was insisting that I get to the shower so quickly!) I was served a Scrambled Egg and Toast Breakfast compliments of Chef Jonathon!!!! I DID have to go to work, but received lots and lots of Birthday wishes there as well as flattery!!! (most said I didn't look a day over 35...........I wish!!!!).

Later in the evening, I was joined for Martini's and Dinner with a few good friends and of course I enjoyed a beautiful cake made by my Mother's friend Colleen!

So, here I am 43 now and looking forward to many more Happy Birthdays!!!!!


And now for my Card!!! The Challenge this week was to use a Spectrum Pad in our Project. I used the SU! Cotton Cotton Candy ink pad. Techniques included emboss resist (Stamp the images in Versamark ink onto glossy cardstock and roll the bray er through the pad and onto the cardstock. Take off excess ink with a paper towel). I then embossed additional images from the Snowburst set (SU! Holiday Catalogue) using Sterling Silver embossing powder. I embossed the Angel from Heavenly Tryptich in Silver onto Pretty in Pink Cardstock and added additional colour with my Aquapainters and watercolour crayons. The winds and cuff are filled in with white gel pen and I added diamond stickles to the wings. I used the Corner Rounder to create a scalloped border and the Cropadile to add eyelet holes to the middle of each scallop. I layered this onto Metallic Silver Paper that I had run through the Snowflake Cuttlebug. Pink Organdy Ribbon, crimped with the heat gun completes this project! Check My Sidebar to follow the Links to view some other awesome ideas for Kaleidoscope/Spectrum Pads

17 comments:

  1. Happy "Belated" Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day.

    Wonderful card. I love the soft delicate colors and the elegant touch of silver. Ida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday (one day late)!!

    Your card is GORGEOUS! I love what you did with the angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to have missed wishing you a Happy Birthday on your special day...but I'm sending wishes your way now! :)

    Great card...love how you used only part of the angel...great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Vicki! Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card- great design idea and happy birthday- may you have many many more

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just fabulous! Pink for Christmas....I'm loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday, Vicki! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Love the card, too - so sparkly and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card Vicki - love it!! sounds like you had a wonderful birthday too - Happy Belated Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card! Love the pink and silver combo! Happy birthday to you, too! My birthday is on the 29th (I was 37) so we are September birthday sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a darling card - I love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and Happy Birthday, Vicki. I love that you used so NOT holiday colors for this. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! I'm a little late, but better late than never, I guess. Love your pretty card. The silver and pink are just beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card Vicki!!! And Happy Birthday girl! September birthdays ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday girl!
    Glad to be working on the hanna stamps dt with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday, my daughter turned 26 yesterday so she is in good company. Your pink angel card is stunning!!! I'm so happy your birthday was filled with lots of love, family & friends.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Vicki and have a wonderful day.
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****