Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Definately feeling Naughty!!!!


Well, only really because I have been a little lax with my posts as of late. I am getting ready to have some MAJOR surgery on the 16th of October and have crammed as many events and activities as I can prior to that as I will be several weeks recovering from this one!!! The GOOD news is.........eight weeks at home and SO much time to stamp!!!!!

Anyway, I just love this little Santa from the Naughty or Nice Set, which can be found in the Holiday Catalogue
I used Wild Wasabi as my background paper with Real Red accents!!!!

Do you like his funky little suit??? Paper piecing is regaining popularity and SO easy to acheive. You essentially stamp your image on the patterned paper of your choice and cut out the pieces of the image that you want to use. Keep in mind that smaller patterns work better on smaller images!! Stamp the main image onto your paper and adhere the paper piecing sections to the applicable area. A little shading to the edges of your pieces will give it more depth. I also shades around the main image and under his boots with an Aquapainter and Bashful Blue ink. I used dazzling diamonds glitter on his beard, mustache, coat and hat and Boy does this little elf shine in real life!!!!!

The red layer anchoring the main image is made with the Slot punch, allowing me to thread the Wasabi double stitched ribbon through. Additional embellishments include Ice Brads, Buttons, Linen thread and an image from the Level one Hostess set Party Punch.

'Til next time!!!!

Vicki

6 comments:

  1. Vicki!
    He is just ADORABLE! I love the glitter!!! Way too cute!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, LOVE this set! Good luck with the surgery, we will be thinking of you.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so darn cute! That Santa is really growing on me and I love the paper piecing on him and all that sparkling glitter is just wonderful. Great card. Ida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! He's adorable! Cute and lovable. Love that dry embossed white panel that looks so much like big puffy snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****