Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Baroque Motifs


Did you know that in less than four days the 2006/2007 SU! idea book and catalogue will retire? I am sad to see many of the great stamp sets and accessories leave, but can't contain my excitement about all the awesome new stuff that I will be able to play with!!!!!! Can ya feel my EXCITEMENT??????

This card is made with the new Baroque Motifs set found in the New Idea Book and Catalogue. Isn't it positively yummy???

Have you ever tried to make your own medallions??? It is EASY AS PIE.........well actually easier ( I am not much of a pie maker!). All you do is stamp a piece of card stock, slight larger that the medallion you are making with a liberal amount of versamark. Holding the embossing gun UNDER the paper (saves from flying EP getting all over the place) heat the powder until melted. Repeat this process twice again and you will have a nice fat puddle of oozie EP on your paper. Now take your stamp, which you have inked up with versamark as well and press it carefully into the EP puddle (I say carefully, because you don't want it to slide and ruin the image). Let it sit in the puddle for a minute or two until the EP cools. Then pop the stamp off and punch or trim around the medallion as you see fit. For a little Variety you can use some Black Stayzon on your image to create deeper lines!!!!!

The rest of the accessories used to design the card include DCWV patterned paper, Karen Foster Bar Brads, SU! Oval Punch, Organdy and Grosgrain Ribbon. See the Funky Brad in the middle?? That is from the New "ICE" brads collection. These babies come in circles or square and also in a alternate collection called "FIRE"

Want to have a look???? Follow the Blog Link to my Events Calendar and check out what I have on the go this weekend!!!!!!

See you soon!

Vicki

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is really gorgeous, Vicki! I love anything with copper but this is fabulous with all your extra touches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****