Monday, February 20, 2017

Reviving a Scrapbook Challenge



Good Morning!!! I have to recap what a GLORIOUS weekend and the WEATHER!!! It's been positively Balmy really. 10C here and many of us hearty Canadians are ready to cast our down coats aside for fleecy Hoodies!!!!!

I just came back from a little walk with Syd and Mom and have to say I'm glad I wore my winter coast as it was just a touch chilly in the Breeze. Even so, just having the warm sun on one's face can do wonders with regard to lifting a wintery mood.

 A few years ago, I hosted the Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoaststampsers Things got a little complicated in my life and sadly, I took a step back from many of the things I loved, including hosting the Scrapbook Challenge.

In the last two years, once again, my life has become manageable, having purged unhealthy relationships, commitments and alliances. I have once again found time for me and for doing the things that I love the most......relaxing walks (although my distance is limited) spending time with my friends and family and my creative expression.

So as you see above, this is the first layout i've created in quite some time. I have a funny story to share about the Scrapbooking Papers. Last year I was at a crop and I purchased this packet from a lady who had a pop up shop there. We are so limited with regard to accessing Scrapbooking Supplies here in Kingston as we don't have a brick and mortar store here. Anyway, I purchased this Summer Paper Collection by Fabscraps. I am a sucker for anything Beachy or Nautical. The Kit held an assortment of delicious papers ( some of which you're peepers are gazing upon now) as well as a few Chipboard pieces and some stickers.

In the layout above, I coloured the "AHOY" Chipboard piece with my Copic Markers so I could shade them. The Beautiful large lighthouse was on the patterned paper already and the colour combination perfect for this photo that we took of Jonathon on a visit to Confederation basin to board several tall ships. Was that really sixteen years ago?

I spoonged the edges of the patterned papers with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo; my favourite ink for distressing!

The stickers in the package were fairly sheer, so I adhered the red one on top of a White button to make the sentiment (summer) easier to read. It is a fairly uncomplicated layout, but I prefer my pages to be relatively clean.





I treated the chipboard a little differently when creating this card. First I coloured it with a Black Sharpie. Once it was dry, I rubbed here and there with some metallic rubs. This gave the anchor a distressed look. I also added a touch of hemp to reinforce the nautical theme and mounted the stickers on Chipboard to give it a little dimension.

I would gladly list the papers, but sadly this line is a few years old and has been discontinued for awhile. However they have some AMAZING Scrapbook Lines and you can find them HERE

I will be sharing more creations with this fun line however because I surely won't waste a lick of this super sweet designer paper.

P.S. you can find the SB Inspiration challenge HERE

XX's and Oh's

--Vicki~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****