Monday, April 29, 2013

More fun with Gelli Printing!!!





As I shared on my journal page post, while in Texas the Fabulously talented Lydia shared a very cool technique for monoprinting!




I must say she is not only talented and gorgeous, but an AMAZING Teacher!




and of course Tex and I, brilliant Students....well actually, Tex was a much more focused Student than I~ I think I shirked some of the Aspic making duties to here with a mad excuse that I needed to do a blog post!!! lol~ I will say that unflavoured Gelatin smells like BUTT!!!  Probably TMI.....but it does!!!

Its worth the effort though, because the technique is WAYYYYY cool~~~




My version of Prison Prints!!!!!



And as you can see, Ms. Jeanne definately had the knack for mask placement an a Gorgeous Mix of colour!!! I swear she could make mud on a plate look beautiful~~~


I do like this background I created though and I was inspired to use it when I saw the CAS challenge for today which was to create a card that was inspired by the following quote:

“May every sunrise hold more promise, and every sunset hold more peace.” 

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/clean-simple-cards-f239/cas218-inspired-quote-4-29-13-a-t572350.html#ixzz2RuZAQqqY

I wish that for all of you...........


I stamped over my handprinted background with Em's Lantern Flowers from Stamping Bella

The sentiment is from IO Stamps Treasured Memories

I think I need to make my own Gelli Plate and Play some more!!!!

Hugs and Love,


1 comment:

  1. Hi Vicki,
    You can buy gelli plates at Curry's. I have some but haven't tried them yet. They come in 2 sizes that I know of. No need to make your own stinky gelatin.LOL! Fabulous design and colour. Thanks for sharing.
    Cardmaker52

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****