Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Easter!



WOW!!! What a BEAUTIFUL day! I just got back from a long walk with the dog and am pleased to report that I got quite warm in my winter weight coat! The sun is shining and the air is crisp and clean. I LOVE those kinds of days and am sure that that wont be my last walk today.

We've decided to break away from the traditional Easter Fayre and go with grilled steak. Funny, I think we opted for cashew stuffed Canadian Bacon for Christmas. Quite frankly, I'm not a huge fan of a Turkey Dinner and it requires so much effort to make it and so little time to eat it!!! lol.  I do enjoy it when someone else makes it though because I only want to eat it once. I abhor Turkey Leftovers!!! 

I think this aversion to Turkey dinners came about when several years ago, the Norwalk Virus decided to land in at Christmas time. My poor mother fell ill while cooking the Turkey on Christmas eve, leaving me to finish up the prep for Christmas Day. Jonathon was close behind mom, getting sick on Christmas Day and of course by Boxing Day....well, you get the picture~

Ever since then, it's a rare occasion that we cook Turkey dinners. Occasionally I will cook a Big Turkey Drumstick, because I do like dark meat!!!

Whatever you're doing this weekend, if you are celebrating Easter, I wish you and yours a very Happy Easter!!! 

For details on my card, which I created for yesterday's Mix Challenge, Click HERE

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter to you and yours too Vicki!! This card is adorable! Gorgeous colouring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****