Thursday, September 6, 2012

Impression Obsession Thursday Challenge-Words of WIsdom




This week, over at Impression Obsession, we're challenging you to create a card using your favourite quote. I love this quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson and I do believe that message. For me it's parallel to the saying "There's always a light at the end of the tunnel" or "Every cloud has a silver lining".  I believe that looking for the good in each negative situation that we have to endure, allows us to cope with our feelings. Our ability to perceive even a string of positive can act as a catalyst to tamper our hurt, sadness, anger, fear. That being said, it is not an easy task to accomplish, particularly when our heart is aching, but it is achievable. Discovering the songs sweet notes emerging from the darkness  moves us forward in the hope that over time, we will sing again.

I found this fabulous designer paper while taking Jonathon clothes shopping in the U.S. last month, It's called Gilded Orchard and is from DCWV. I love the rich colours that feel like autumn for me and if you know me, you know that Autumn is truly my favourite season. The start of sweater weather. I was able to use several of the latest dies including 


The Stamp is called Something Sings

I ran the Branch Die through a Cuttlebug Embossing folder to give it some extra dimension

The tiny pearls are from CTMH

Make sure you head on over to the IO Blog to get all the deets on the challenge and to see which Designers are participating

Have a wonderfully positive day and remember after the rain, comes the sun


6 comments:

  1. Wow those colours are rich! This font is much easier to read by the way!!! I love that border too - very nice.
    Miss you much
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so lovely and beautiful!!! Very rich looking too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Vicki, Hello, hello, hello! I am so happy to be on the team with you. I love your sentiment and ain't it the truth. Your card is gorgeous and I love your use of the borders with the branch. Gorgeous rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that color scheme with attitude ! And aren't the new dies superb ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Vicki ! I love the deep red & blue together. Thanks for stopping in at my blog, very much appreciated ! Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****