Monday, April 19, 2010

Totally Stampalicious Monday Challenge


I'd just like to remind everyone about the AWESOME Blog Hop that Totally Stampalicious will be having to launch our release of our newline of Bugaboo Stamps!! The hop starts at 9PM EST Thursday April 22nd and once again we'll be giving away some really fun prizes!!!

And now for this weeks fun challenge!!!


I came up with a really fun color combo for us to play with:
Chocolate
Caramel
Not Quite Navy (Dark Teal)


To win a fun prize, be sure to go to the Totally Stamplicious Blog and link your creation there!

For my card, I used the cake from the Old Brawd Digital Stamp set. This allowed me to upsize the cake to a good size to create a larger focal point. I coloured the cake in with Chocolate and Teal coloured Copics and added a touch of Jellyroll Stardust pen to give the candles a little shimmer.



For the Faux Leather Look (the background reminds me of a handmade leather purse I had once) I ran the Caramel paper through my cuttlebug and then went direct to paper with my ink pad to create darker colour on the embossed areas. It's a quick and easy way to bring dimension to your projects!!!

Well after being home last week with the flu, i'm off to work again! Hope you all enjoy your day!

Happy Stamping!



6 comments:

  1. hmmm;) Yummy, Vicki, your card is so sweet, love the colors and the fbby bg! Happy monday...;-) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. That DOES look like a leather purse backdrop! AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous...love the cake....kind of like the ones I have made....deelish but a little lumpy...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fantastic Vicki! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmm chocolate cake, my favorite! It looks sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****