Sunday, October 7, 2007

Fresh and Clean-Happy Thanksgiving


This card was created for the SCS Inspiration Challenge. To me, it has a very clean look and is quite different than my usual designs. I just HAD to have the Pick a Petal stamp set when it first came out and sadly, it has been collecting dust ever since!!!!

For my Canadian Friends, I hope that you are enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend. I have my Bird in the sink awaiting a bath and Mom is upstairs whipping up some of her AMAZING stuffing! Jonathon will even get in on the action this year as he attended his first cooking class last week and they learned to make Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes. He is eager to try the recipe out at home. Now THAT is amazing in itself. No Sweet Potato has tickled his palette since he started eating Tuna Sandwiches at the age of 10 months. I am sure that if I had whipped up this dish and asked him to sample it, he would have wrinkled up his nose and said NO WAY (he is pretty much a salad and raw veggie guy). I think I better keep him in cooking classes...................next one is Thai themed (Yum!).

So today I am Thankful for many things; for my small but wonderful family, good friends, a warm safe home and the ability to enjoy my passion of papercrafting. I am thankful for the many great people that I have encountered and gotten the opportunity to know through this hobby and for being blessed to teach my love for stamping to others.

Well, I better get on to getting that Turkey ready...............................it is sitting in the sink. The package said Young Turkey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,which evoked mixed emotions..............I was thinking "Young mmmmmmmmmmmmm very very tasty", but then on the other hand I was feeling horrible that this poor little birds life had to end so soon!!! Couldn't they just have put TURKEY on the package, or TASTY TURKEY or perhaps REALLY TASTY TURKEY THAT HAD A FULL LIFE ????? YOUNG Turkey..................what' were they thinking?????? Nobody would buy a tough old turkey.................anyways, I am rambling again.

The Card Recipe:

All materials from SU! with the exception of the cutest little Basic Grey Buttons

Pick a Petal, So Much (the White part in the middle of the Flower), All in a row
Paper: Bashful Blue, Gable Green, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Pixie Pink
Ink: Pumpkin, Pink Passion, Bashful Blue
Paper Piercing Tool!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Vicki, LOVE your take on the challenge.

    I have added you to my Blog roll so I can visit more often.

    Have a great week,
    Jennifer :)
    "Lovetostamp6"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, so clean and fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****