Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Joy Shared Multiplied


I wanted to share another newly released stamp from Technique Junkies Stamps!

The stamp is called Hibiscus Panel
It took a bit of work to get this look, but it wasn't too taxing!!!

Here's how I did it!

First, I stamped the main image in Versamark and embossed in black.
I coloured the flowers in with My Zig Clean Brush Markers and cut the flowers off the image

To make the background, I played with my Distress Oxide Inks in 

Pistachio, Broken China, Peeled Paint and Wilted Violet.

I used my sponging tool to make circles in various colours

NEXT

I layed my Gothic Swirl Stencil over the panel and sprayed it with water.
I lifted the stencil and gently dobbed the excess water off. Dobbed...is that a word? Well maybe dabbed.....dabbed, dobbed , wipe up the extra water already!!!!

I heat set the panel and then using purple ink, stamped the image onto the background using my misti. Why did I use the MISTI you ask? Well, so I could stamp again with Versamark ink so I could then emboss it with clear embossing powder. Supah Cool!!!!

I took the cut flowers and mounted them over the main image

Lastly, I stamped the Joy sentiment, which is from the Sentimental Sayings stamp set

Enjoy!!!!

XX's and Oh's

--Vicki~~

3 comments:

  1. Love it. I just received this stamp in the mail today. I was playing tonight too. I may have to lift your idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is friggin gorgeous - I'm gonna try the "look"!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****