Friday, May 26, 2017

Hopping with My Sweet Petunia and Unity Stamps











 Good Morning!
Welcome to the My Sweet Petunia and Unity Stamps Blog Hop!

I was very honoured to be asked to be a Guest Designer for the hop.

If you've been hopping already, you've arrived here from the very talented Sharon Nettleship's Blog



I LOVE my Misti and rarely stamp without it!

I have a few little techniques that I like to use with Line Stamps

Today I'm showcasing two awesome stamp sets from Unity Stamps

My first card features thank you kindly

For me, this set was calling for a soft watercoloured look

I wanted some variation in colour and to have the bear in brown so I used my Original MISTI, memento black ink and SU Markers to set the image down in steps.





First, I stamped the parts of the image I wanted in black.

I inked the whole image carefully, using a baby wipe to take off the ink I wanted to set down in different colours.





Next, I added some Melon Mambo for the flowers




Then, some Old Olive stems


I used the Basic Black Marker to bring her little hand back in.




Lastly, I used Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel, Taupe and Dijon with a waterbrush as I wanted just hints of soft colour.

I really wanted to highlight "Love" in the sentiment, so I used my Misti and Markers to colour directly on the stamp to get the two colours onto the sentiment.


I was digging the mostly monochromatic colour scheme, so I just mounted the image onto another shade of blue designer paper and added the enamel dots to bring in a little more pink!

But that's not it!!! I had to make another card with this absolutely A-dorable May Unity Sentiment Kit. It's called Happy Snail Mail and it is CHOCKED full of awesome sentiments!!!

The image that accompanies the set is just way too cute!!!

I also love the excellent quality of the soft red rubber!


 For this guy, I used my  Mini MISTI to create variance in colour in the sentiment and to also get an OMBRE effect on the larger words.




I stamped the image in Memento Black ink as I was using Copic Markers to colour the image.

I coloured directly on the sentiment with a Pear Pizzaz Marker.



I used Melon Mambo for the Snail Mail sentiment




Then I went over the bottom third of the word with real red marker.




This is the final result after colouring with copic and adding Signo White Gel Pen Highlights

I sure hope you like my creations as much as I enjoyed making them.

Your next stop on the hop is Karen Maldonado. I know she will have something amazing to share with you!

This is a HUGE hop! Not only will you be inspired, but you will also have the opportunity to win some amazing prizes!

Everyone who leaves a comment on all the blogs in the hop will go into a drawing for 3 prize packs from Unity and winner's choice of an Original or Mini MISTI. Be sure to comment by May 30th at noon Central to be eligible. Winners will be posted on both the Unity Blog and the My Sweet Petunia blogs on May 31st. 

Here's the Hop list in its entirety because I know you surely won't want to miss a single stop~



Unity Blog

Good Luck and thanks for "hopping'" by!!!

XX's and Oh's

--Vicki~~

90 comments:

  1. o that sentiment with the bear is fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done..... Reminds me of storybooks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love how you created the first card - it turned out beautifully, and the snail mail card is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. Im learning so much. Love the bear card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this stamp set. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first card made me, "Awwww!" This image looks like it's from a Story Book! SO ADORABLE & PERFECTLY COLORED Vicki! AND the second image, IS SO CUTE & PERFECTLY COLORED with your markers! LOOOOVE this image too! SUPER JOB on BOTH of your cards!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are fabulous! I love your coloring. Great tips as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! Love the soft colors and images that your used to create your cards. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful cards .. love how you stamped it up in different colours.. need to give that a try. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Definitely worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your techniques and coloring on your beautiful cards! The snail and mushroom really look 3-D and I like how you used the misti to do different inks in thank you kindly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh I want to squeeze the bear.. I liked how you made the flowers a different color by using your misti. how precious that card is. thanks for sharing your technique.
    paula Driver

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are so pretty!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That stamp set with the girl and the bear is my favorite. I call my dad Pooh Bear <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautifully done. Thanks for sharing. I am loving all the visits on this bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the little girl with the red flowers for the bear. Stunning snail card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the MISTI and the Unity stamps paired together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really cute card! Love the colors.
    natgodfrey4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great, great cards. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards. The stamp on the first one is my absolute favorite. I've made so many cards using it. I love how you did the bear in brown. I will surely be doing that

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards! I love both of these sets. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how you highlighted the love in red! the misti really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards. I especially love your thank you kindly card - the softness of your colors really sets the mood! Thanks so very sorry for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great cards and I am learning so many great tips. I have always taped the parts of the stamp I didn't want inked and then taken off the tape after inking but before stamping. Using a baby wipe as you did sounds a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The detail you used for the bear would have been nearly impossible without the Misti. Beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your multi-colored stamping

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awww Vicki, your cards are amazing! Loving these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What stunning cards! Thanks for explaining your process of making your them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great techniques and beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The bear and little girl card is adorable. I love the coloring on the snail card.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful cards! I love the bear and little girl image, just so adorable and a touch of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love love love the vintage feel of the Thank you kindly card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your cards Vicki! The snail mail card is amazing!!! Love the highlights with the white gel pen!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great use of the MISTI. I love the bear stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  36. There are so many techniques that I would never try without a MISTI. Thank you for showing us your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Two lovely cards with nice explanations - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  38. that Phyllis Harris card is darling! Love how you added the pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  39. What an adorable scene you made with the mirror technique. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the colors you used for Snail Ma

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the little girl with the bear.
    So sweet. You did a great job
    incorporating everything.
    Snail Mail is fun.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  42. It's amazing how the subtle change in ink colors for the bear image makes such a big impact. Great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your two cards are awesome. I'm also addicted to my MISTI, I cannot stamp without it !

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for telling how you did the different colored inking on your first card. Love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Vicki. These are super sweet creations. It is so much fun working with Misti. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Unity Stamps has some very creative design artists , these two stamps are just adorable. Your creative touch using the perfect technique the soft watercoloured look along with the MISTI , WOW just outstanding cards.

    ReplyDelete
  47. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks for sharing how you used the Misti and Unity stamps to created these sweet and cute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is exactly what i was just saying about using my Misti and markers to introduce different colors! Loooove your cards! I am soooo anxious to get the snail set and a MISTI!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Such pretty cards!! MISTI is most definitely a great tool!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. That little girl with that great big bear oh my goodness cute, cute, cute.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Very pretty cards. Thanks for sharing the method on using different colors of ink to stamp the image.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love the girl and bearcstamp. So cute. You did a great job on your cards! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love these cards - the light blue paper under the bear image is fantastic and the snail mail is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Your Thank you Kindly, card is so sweet and the coloring on the snail mail is stunning!!! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I just LOVE the little girl and the bear! This is so full of awesome crafty goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  57. The little girl and the bear look just like the old storybooks :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Great cards - and thanks for sharing your instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Pretty cards (as always!) :) Fun blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  60. so clever !! and just love the bear stamp card :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  61. Great cards. Love the bear one. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Love your coloring ever so soft! Love how your used different coloring on the bear one for sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Vicki, how sweet is that little girl with the bear. I love the monochromatic coloring with just a pop of color; it's very striking. And of course the snail mail is so striking in full color. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I love your technique with the Phyllis Harris bear stamp. I have that set and can't wait to try it! Your choice of background paper was perfect. I love your coloring on the snail mail card as well. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Unity stamps is new to me. This hop maybe dangerous. I already have three things on my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  66. great cards -love the bear stamp - now i will have to buy that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Such great cards! Thank you for sharing!
    RobinfromFL
    Robin Bissland

    ReplyDelete
  68. pretty cards. Thank you for sharing. Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  69. Beautiful use of the Misti...stunning creations.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Beautiful use of the Misti...stunning creations.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Loved your cards! That first one is sooo sweet! your techniques were fun to see. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  72. cute cards. LOVE that stamp on the first one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****