Monday, March 2, 2015

The Documented Life Project- High Five






Good Morning! I must say that I am loving Art Journalling more and more each time I play!

I like the aspect of starting with a blank canvas, not really knowing where you're going to end up. I kind of liken that to a lazy Sunday drive; no destination in mind, just a tank full of gas, a camera for capturing moments and preferably a good travel companion.

That being said, I find that having a theme or prompt gives me a starting point.

This week at the Documented Life Project, the Theme was High Five

You had to have at least five layers on the project.

The Journal Prompt-High Five

My interpretation was to capture five high points in my life

Jonathon
Creativity
Being on or near the water
Music
and my Career of course, which I enjoy, but is also a necessity to allow me to enjoy all my leisure activities.

I thought I'd show you the process that led to the completion of the page

I really "get" the concept of layering now, after having worked on layered projects over the course of February

Here is my Pictorial of my "Sunday Drive".




I started with a double page canvas in my Dylusions Art Journal a roughly patched in with Black Gesso. I got my inspiration for the page after participating in Kate Crane's Journal Soup 2 workshop.





Layer two consisted of Random Bits of Book Paper adhered to the layout with Glaze Medium







Ahhhh Colour!!!! I used Tim Holtz Distress paint along with white acrylic paint to colour in a design, leaving some of the book paper showing through.



More layers, using acrylic, a stencil, a toilet paper roll and my little finger prints!!






In this layer, I added some shading to the turquoise rings with charcoal pencil.

I stamped the small triangles in with this fun new stamp from Balzer designs available at Impression Obsession. The stamp set is called really useful stamps-circles and you can find it HERE

And then, I built the house!!!!

I used a song sheet that I had from the Musical the Fantastiks to build the base of the house and the chimney. I inked over the paper with Cajun Craze ink and heat set it. The roof and door was handcut with some Graphic 45 Paper. I then base painted the windows in white, adding several coats of paint to cover.




Here I added some Scattered Straw and Rusty Hinge Distress Paint to the windows to add warmth!





I added a little piece of the Designer Paper to the corner as I wanted to bring the pattern into the second page.  also added window and door frames with my Pitt Pen


This house needed a fence, so I used this fun Fence die coupled with Paper from Graphic 45.

The Die is called Large Fence and is available at Impression Obsession

It was about then that i cot the idea to journal my highlights into the circles. I also added some highlights in the circle with white gel pen and lastly, added some music note smoke, coming from my chimney! WAY better on the environment!

I am pleased with my destination and am looking forward to next week's prompts!

Have a great day,

Vicki

1 comment:

  1. Love your spread. Understand the obsession! this project is such fun :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****