Friday, March 6, 2015

Collaborative Art with my Bestie Kim!


It's a Collaboration!

As you know, I've been participating in the Documented Life Project through Art to the 5th Academy
A couple of weeks ago, or perhaps it was last month, the talented Designers posted a fun new event


here is their description of it:

Join us as we work together in collaborations. It is a free flowing, anything goes, seat of our pants project that bounces back and forth round robin style. We never know what is coming next and it is as much fun to do as it is to watch. Get ready for Collaborations! 


So after watching the first video on Tags, I knew JUST the person I wanted to collaborate with.

The person that got me started on Mixed Media

My good friend Kim Pargeter!

You can see her blog HERE

I've stamped my tags and sent them off to her!

When I received her tags, she had completed the gorgeous Background and added the pretty texturized flower.

To complete the tags, I stamped the Journal Sentiment (Impression Obsession)

and the Carol's Flower Large (Stampotique Originals)

I filled the flowers with White Gel Pen and edged the Tag with A Prima Metallic Edger in Coal

I then used some FABULOUS new Butterfly Dies from Impression Obsession

they're called Medium Butterflies

I cut them from some scrap paper that I had used under my art journal

I then coloured in the middles with pitt pen and sewed them down to the tag!

Lastly, I added a meshy sparkly bow! i wanted to add some seam binding, but I didn't have black!

a little zig zag stitch to accent the "Journal" title and viola! finished

This was so much fun! I'm waiting for Kim to return the tags I sent to her, but in the meantime

We are going to start THIS COLLABORATION~

It's Mail Art and I can't WAIT to share!

Happy Stamping Sisters!

--Vicki~~

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tags Vicki! I love the bright beautiful colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tags are gorgeous, love the colors and the texture of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****