Monday, September 10, 2012

TTC25 and CPS combined!



Did you all have a good weekend? Mine was pretty routine. I wasn't feeling great on Friday, so I took the day off work, rested and did a little stamping. I was feeling a little better in the afternoon and I had quite a few Tomatos from Pauls Garden, so I decided to blanche them and make a fresh sauce. Hmmmm what to do with it? I had taken some chicken breasts out of the freezer earlier in the day as I thought I'd just grill them up to have with some salad. A couple of weeks ago Paul and I had gone on a road trip that took us through several wee towns within a couple hour distance of us including Athens, Smiths Falls, Merrickville and Perth. We enjoyed an amazing dinner at Bistro 54. It's a very intimate Italian Bistro, with all the meals prepared individually and with fresh ingredients. Needless to say, I was raving about the fresh sauce on the veal parmesan that I enjoyed for days after and thought perhaps I'd try my hand at making Chicken Parmesan and Fettuccine Alfredo. I've never made either before, but I must tell you, it was WONDERFUL! Both Paul and Jon said that the Fettuccine was the best they'd ever enjoyed.  I found the recipe HERE.  It turned out absolutely perfect, as did the Parmesan Chicken. I think the next time I cook like that, I'll have to have more people over as the three of us enjoyed an ample serving of leftovers on Saturday night. Other than that, the weekend was pretty mellow and I pretty much enjoyed the peace and quiet in the house (mom and dad are away on a Mediterranean Cruise) and caught up on some stamping





Here's the colour map for my card:


I combined the CPS challenge and the Touch Twin Challenge to create this sweet card.

 Supplies:
Stamps: Image and Sentiment: Unity Stamps. Tiny Stars: The {Stamps} of Life
Designer Paper: Smoochable By Bo Bunny
Other: Nestabilities Small and Large Circles, White Gel Pen: Sakura
Adhesive Back Linen Paper: CTMH

Make sure you head over to CPS and Touch Twin Challenges to play along this week!













5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Vicki and mouth watering post. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sentiment! Fantastic card Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card... love the colours!
    Hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, the colours are just lovely. The food sounds delicious and I just love Italien style food. There is no Italien ancestry in my family so I must have been Italien in a previous life I am sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout and your color choices. Great card, Vicki!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****