Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Stampotique Designers Challenge!





It’s “TAGTIME” this week.

Nellie is our hostess for the current challenge and here is what she says about her challenge theme:

I love to work on a tag. For me it feels like it somehow invites you to think and work in another way than when you’re making cards. So I challenge you to make a tag or some project in which you use a tag. Any size, any color as long as there’s at least one tag involved in your artwork.

I used a real king size tag for this challenge. It’s 8,5 inch long and almost 4,5 inch wide. Kate Crane’s DVD “Right from a blank page” inspired me when making the background of my tag.

You can use stamps from any company for this challenge. But even better, grab your Stampotique stamps and get stamping!



For my Tag, I started off with some K&Co Paper and cut it to 3.5 " x 5.5". I then sprayed over the rag with Shimmer Mist ( you can actually see that if you click on the image) I sponged the edges with Chocolate Brown Ink. I stamped the Tulip image onto the stamp with Colorbox Chocolate by Stephanie Barnard along with the WISH sentiment. I stamped the image again onto white, coloured with my Touch Twin Markers, cut out the dog and flower and mounted them on foam tape. I created the Wire Flower on my own, adding that and a Prima Flower with a half pearl centre. Lastly I threaded some seam binding through punched hole as my tag topper. I quite like the way it turned out.

Be sure to link your creations to the Stampotique Challenge Blog and maybe you'll be the random winner of 30.00 worth of free stamps!

Happy Stamping

3 comments:

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****