Well, not really looking like Christmas yet............please, no snow for awhile!!!! But it is beginning to look like I need to be getting a head start on some of my Christmas Projects. I've been working on a fun little boxed album with the My Minds Eye Lost and Found Christmas Collection, but I'm not quite finished yet, so I've decided to show you a fun little project that i've completed with some fun pieces of the collection.
Before I get started on telling you about this project, If you want to play along with the Flower Soft Challenge, you can find ALL the details HERE. I have to apologize for the photographs. I wasn't getting a good result in my lightbox last night, so I tried this outside. I have some ideas about how I might improve the quality of shooting glass bulbs, but I'll experiment with that another day. I love the kit, which includes 9 of the yummiest Christmas papers I've ever seen and a sheet of Die Cut Tags, one of which I've used as a Focal Point for my ornament.
Are you wondering how I did this? It's actually quite quick and easy. To suspend the Die Cut Tag in the Ball, I cut a circle that is about an inch and a half larger out of acetate. I then glued the die cut to the lower third of the acetate circle. I punched a tiny hole in the top center of the acetate and after filling the ball with Gold Flower Soft I placed some fine thread through the punched hole and threaded it up through the center of the fitting, wrapping it around several times to secure it.
I fashioned the embellishment for the outside of the bulb by creating a Rosette with my Tim Holtz Mini paper rosettes die with this paper. and secured the rosette to some Wide Ribbon. The little Santa Brad just tops off the rosette nicely I think! As I said, quick and easy. Probably the most time consuming part of this project, is getting the image centred in the ball.