Thursday, August 20, 2009

Making a Scene!

Now this was a fun fun card to make! I got the idea for this card in my Stampin' Up! Stamping Success Magazine. One of these days, I'll get around to making a tutorial for you, but it's been a very eventful summer and I haven't been home much!

The card is made with Sophie and Riley School kids, Hanna Teacher Set and the Wood Floor Set. It was so much fun to make!

I used copic markers to colour the images along with some white and gold gel pen. I always accent the cheeks with Stampin' Up! Pastels. I find that I can get just the amount of coverage I'm looking for as well as acheiving a somewhat Translucent look!

Sophie is a newly release image from Hanna Stamps.
I don't know if it's very noticeable, but I used some Crystal Effects on the Clock Face.....looks pretty cool in real life!

This is the outside of the card! What a surprise to pop it open and see the cool scene inside!
Happy Stamping!


  1. I almost forgot you made that one! It looks great. I love the floor! It makes me think of the old schools.

  2. OM Vicki, this is such abeautiful work. I love the scene... Your coloring is perect! Hugs and happy day. Silke

  3. Wow Vicki, this card is simply stunning such a wonderful design and Sophie and Riley look so cute. Hugs Nikki x

  4. WOW Vicki oh my that scene is ADORABLE!!! SOOOO CUTE!! Love it!

  5. Oh my gosh.....I love this!!! You're the bomb---I may have to do some stampin today myself :)

  6. Geeeez Louise!!! This is beyond fabulous!! WOW!

  7. Very Awesome!!! What a WOWZER!! Love your idea and pretty creation!
    Jodi =)

  8. I love your school scene Vicki!! Awesome!!! How creative and beautiful!! Magnificent coloring!!

  9. This is jaw dropping wonderful, Vicki!!! Wowser! Not only is it a cool design concept, but every detail is perfection. I love it!

  10. This is INCREDIBLE Vicki! I love it!! xx

  11. What a great job on your card!! Love the idea and the coloring:-)
    Xmichele spera

  12. Wow Vicki !!! Brilliant creation, especially with all your attention to detail and the cool hardwood floor =) I'm staring at the two Riley's, waiting for them to talk and move, as they look so real and alive.

    Can't wait for you to post a Tutorial; I shall try and be patient. I can't imagin the time and effort it takes into just filming one. So I shall wait .... and be patient .... and wait some more ... :)

  13. fabulous, fabulous, fabulous Vicki!

  14. OMG Vicki, I absolutely love this!!!So cute!! Little Sophie is adorable and the scene looks great!! You are just so talented. A true inspiration!! Hugs,Cathy

  15. You definitely made a scene, you card is AWESOME Vicki! You are so creative! Your card layout is fantastic and Riley is adorable!

  16. Oh my word, Vicki, this is absolutely fantastic and amazing in every way! I can only imagine the look on someone's face when she opens it!!!!

    Can you please add the blog for
    Cropping for our Troops on your blog? I can't wait to see what you are sending for the silent auction.


Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!