Saturday, July 18, 2009

OCC Challenge Triple Play!



Challenges Challenges...........isn't life full of them! Nice thing is that Card Challenges are enjoyable, aren't they? Unlike my computer challenges that I've been facing all week! Seems like I have it all under control no though, so hopefully smooth sailing from here (please keep your fingers crossed for me!

This card was created for the OCC! This week our July hostess, Jenny Gropp, has challenged the OCC to a TRIPLE PLAY Challenge... Less is not always more! You must pick at least three types of embellishments to use on your card or project. These are your choices: Brads, Eyelets, Bling, Ribbon, Buttons, Thread/Floss, Beads, Charms, Rub Ons, Liquid Applique, Crystal Lacquer. There is no time limit on our challenges - feel free to participate whenever you are able. To play along, upload your creation to your blog or gallery, then leave us a comment linking to your project so we can check it out. If you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword: OCCC.

My Three embellishments are Stitching, Rub Ons from SU! and Teensy Tiny flower sequins from the Dollar Store! Sweet Yuki is headed to my cousin tomorrow! We're heading out on a road trip to Renfrew Ontario, to spend the day with my Cousin Suzanne and her family to celebrate her Birthday! Boy I hope the weather holds up and we can take the convertible!




Yuki is a digitial image from InStyle Stamps. I am loving the Digi Images! They are so easy to store and you can resize them if you like, which is very cool if you want to work on a project that requires a bigger image! Perfect for Scrap Booking! The Paper is Baby Pink Dark from Prism, which almost has a Coralish Colour a perfect match for the Pink Grapefruit Versamark Chalk ink that I used to sponge in the colour around the image! The DP is from the latest collection of Basic Grey! So pretty that I didn't want to add too much to the layers as I wanted to showcase the paper. Don't forget to check out our Design Team Websites to see their gorgeous creations.




I received this pretty award from my fellow OCC and Hanna Stamps Design Team friend, Joycelyn . You must have a peek at her blog, because it's truly lovely!!!! Thanks Joycelyn, you're a sweetie!!! Here a just a couple of my favourite blogs!

Cindy Major
Silke
Lise
Carla

There are SO many blogs that I subscribe to, that I'd love to list them all, but after spending several hours on the computer this week and still needing to catch up with my hopping, I'll just highlight these four talented ladies for now!!!!

Happy Stamping!


*****Vicki~~~~~

18 comments:

  1. She is so pretty, awesome job. --Sorry about your computer bummer man. --have a fun trip and hope your can have your top down!!

    --Not that top silly the top on your car!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl!! She's so very pretty Vicki!! BWHAA!! Reading Cindy's comment!! Too funny!! :) Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto what Cindy said LOL ... love your cute sassy little girl. I agree digital stamps can be fun :)

    Glad we got to see your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image Vicki! Where did you get her! Beautiful colors, coloring, and design! Great tripleplay. Just love everything about this card! Great stiching too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.k. Vicki, after rereading your blog entry I found she is from Instyle stamps. If I would read a little more carefully....I love your coloring of her though and the bling you added. Gorgeous my dear!

    Sorry about the computers. Mine is still not fixed. I am working on a borrowed laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear of your computer problems, Vicki! It can be frustrating! We depend on the computer so much nowadays! Honestly, if it wasn't for the computer, I probably would be 10lbs skinnier! LOL! I sit down too much!

    Your card is fantastic. . .Yuki is the cutest! Love your choices of colors. . .very pretty!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card Vicki, your coloring is beautiful and I LOVE the fun stitching!

    Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Vicki! Such a cute card! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Vicki..., your card is so very sweet. I love the cute girl and your coloring, the haircoloring?! is fabby... Many thanks for the award..this is so sweet THANKS! Hugs and happy sunday... Silke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Computers, love 'em - hate 'em -- can't be a happy medium it seems! Soory to hear of the trials -- how totally frustrating! Love your Triple Play card -- perfect stitcing. And I really like how you are shding the nestie's edges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Vicki,

    Man woman your coloring ability never ceases to amaze me!!! You are so completly talented!!! Yesterday I went to one of my team mates blogs and she had some rak cards up and without ever reading her post I knew right away they were your works of art!!!

    I just adore that one with the SU summer set with the old SUV and the surf board!!! I have got to get that embossing folder I just love what I have seen people do with it!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colours and your colouring are fabulous Vicki, I love the sponging around the image, Hope you have a great trip, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous!! I love the way you used this image. Very cute!! love the border punch too!! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is colored perfectly!! Love what you used on your card too!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vicki, hun, this is AMAZING! What a GORGEOUS card hun! WOW!!! I am in love! Your coloring rocks!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a compliment, getting picked by the talented Vicki! It is always a pleasure to know you've visited my blog and your comments bring a smile to my face!

    You're the best!
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a big honor Vicki!
    Thank you so much!!!

    All your cards are gorgeous as always...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Vicki!! Not sure I deserve this after not blogging for 2 weeks...lol...!! But I've been away and it's so good to be home now. I've been making cards all morning... so I'm about to fire up that blog again.

    Thanks again!
    Carla.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****