Friday, June 26, 2009

Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge

This week, our Hostess Jennifer Meyer presented us with a Sketch Challenge. I wanted to keep this design clean and simple.........I've been trying to acheive a look that I like, using less layers!!!



This sweet little image is Baby Fluer #3 by Janet Klein. You can find this adorable image over at STAMPOTIQUE Originals. As you can see, there's not too much to this card. A base of White, a layer of SU DP (Level one Hostess paper from last year's catty!) and the image layer, that is just coloured with copics and sponged on Neenah White. Olive Ribbon is from Stampin' Up!
I can't seem to get used to the minimalist look though.....it always feels like it's missing something............kind of like when I forget to put my lipstick on!
If you'd like to play along, here's the great sketch! Don't forget to visit my fellow DT's Blogs to see their interpretations of the sketch and the OCC site to link your creation
Happy Stamping!
*****Vicki~~~~~




16 comments:

  1. Would you looks at those chubby little legs?!!!!! Totally adorable card, Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable card Vicki!! Minimalist is right up my alley so I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great image and your CAS card is perfect!! Have agreat weekend, Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute image, little dancing flower! I have a hard time doing minimal too and always feel like it is missing something just as you said. But I think we are too critical with our own cards -- your card looks perfectly balanced,great color, clean lines -- perfect to me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very nice card. Lovely image and nice colors.
    Hugs Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! That image totally made me SMILE!!!! Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Vicki wonderful job on this sketch...I have to say that is one CUTE image!! Your coloring is FANTASTIC and lovin those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWWWW - this is super stinkin' cute - Vicki!!! Awesome take on the Sketch and I love how you colored the image - sooooooo sweet :) Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is very pretty and the image is adorable!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hee heehee! this is too cute! those look like my thighs! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BWHAA!! This made me LOL!! I love this little cutie dancing around!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one unique stamp! It reminded me of a skating show I did when I was probably six years old and they had us dressed as flowers, with cardstock petals strapped around our heads... That is pretty much what we looked like! (except that I remember I was wearing red)

    Thanks for the memories!
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is too cute! I love what you did with her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****