Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Paper Trunk Tuesday!



I have a quick and easy project for you today. When I saw this Cotton Candy Paper from the Jelly Bean Collection, I thought it would be perfect for a St. Patricks Day Project. I stuffed this dollar store mug with a Shamrock Bath puffy and some sweet Chocolate and quickly fashioned a card to match!



I stamped the Good Luck Riley image directly onto certainly celery paper. I was unsure how the copics would work on the coloured cardstock. Although I could not get the same degree of shading and highlighting as on white Cardstock, I was rather pleased with the results. I coloured the Horseshoe in with a Pentel Zebra gold gel pen. The card Base is Certainly Celery and the accent colour Night of Navy. I used wide Olive Ribbon and Twisted a Prima Flower to fashion a Shamrock. Martha Stewart Border Punch, SU Tag punches and Circle Nesties were used to create this image.

Hope that you are enjoying my Paper Trunk feature..........please let me know what you think, if you likey.............I'll keep doing it!!!! Thanks a bunch for your feedback, it means a lot!!!!

Happy Stamping!

*****Vicki~~~~~

13 comments:

  1. Good morning Vicki...
    I love your work... The riley is so cute, love the paper and the colors... Wowwwww! Big hugs from Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuuute! Love his pants and belt buckle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card/project! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, Riley better be careful, he may hurt himself. It's not good to balance on a horseshoe!! LOL!

    Awesome job on your Riley card. I just love the dp that you used. I went to Michaels yesterday and they had stacks of dps on sale but wow, I am proud of myself. . .I actually walked out without buying any. My daughter was with me so when I was looking at the DPs, she was giving me a disapproving look. She knows I collect the stuff like a mad woman. Arrrgh, that child spoiled it for me. LOL!

    As always, your coloring is awesome!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Riley is such a cutie here! Looks like he's having fun trying to balance on that horseshoe!
    You have made a fab card and colored him so well--as usual!!
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card Vicki! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea! I adore this paper and that gold on the horse shoe! So remeiniscent of st. pat's day! Fantastic job1

    smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card, Vicki.
    Just love your Riley and the papers are fab.
    Great sentiment too.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I want that border punch! Waaaahhhh, they didn't have it in stock at my Michaels!

    Hey, congrats on winning a stamp set from Stamps and Smiles. How cute and wonderful is that set????

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH he's cute! and I love his pants!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh, Hello who do you think you are this project is too cute for words!!! I love that Riley and the Jelly Bean idea is awesome too!!!

    Love it!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute!! I really LOVE Riley here!! Those papers are so yummy!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****