Monday, March 9, 2009

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Week Seven-Do it yourself!



Good morning! Had a lovely little trip away this weekend. We attended my cousin's baby shower in Pembroke, which is about three hours northwest of home. My cousin Nikki, is expecting a little boy, Jensen James to arrive around the 23rd of April.

One of my favourite memories of Nikki was that on the weekend of her sixth Birthday her Mother Karen brought her up to my apartment in Whitby. We piled into my new Mustang and headed off to Canada's Wonderland for the day..........burnin' up the pavement in my new wheels.

Funny, but on the way to Pembroke, I had an appointment at the car dealership to talk about what I was going to do when my lease expired in a few months. I had been thinking about whether to keep my truck, purchase a new one and in the back of my mind I was thinking how nice it would be to have another Mustang. So we got there and I test drove a couple of cars with my Mother (she was also having to decide what to do with her vehicle within the next few months) and then I took this baby out.





Well, I really like my truck, but within less than a minute of being behind the wheel of this Beauty, I KNEW that it had to be mine! It's a convertible to boot! I pick it up later this week yipeeeeee.

It's a funny coincidence that I would purchase a Mustang on the way to Nikki's shower. See the SOLD sign in the window??? It's for me!!!! lol! Yeah, I am just a WEE bit excited...............Perhaps I will remotely resemble a Rock Star in this baby????!!!

Anyway, the shower was lovely. We don't take the time often enough to get together with my aunt and cousins, but we always enjoy our time together!




In the back row is my Cousin Suzanne and my Aunt Mary. In the front is the expectant mommy to be Nikki, who will be 27 this year (we have all been fairly blessed with the "youthful gene") My mom, who just turned 69 last month, me and My cousin Karen.

Ohhh and the reason that you came??? the CARD!!!!




This week was a Do it yourself Challenge. Maria challenged us to create our own Sketch. I have had this Snowman image in a drawer for five years and never.........yes NEVER used it. So I thought it was time I blew the dust off of it and inked it up! The actual image is the Snowman Face with the words Frosty surrounding it. As you can see, I paper peiced the letters with two different papers from the My Minds Eye Christmas Stack, which I also used in two bigger sections on the card. My Base Colours were Chocolate Chip and Soft Sky. I cuttle bugged one portion of Soft Sky paper to add dimension to the card. I stamped the sentiment onto Soft Sky and punched it out with the Large Oval punch, layering it onto a brown scalloped section. Some Snowflake Brads and of course more of the Delicious Satin ribbon finish it off quite nicely!!!!

Happy Stamping!

*****Vicki~~~~~

18 comments:

  1. gorgeous Frosty card Vicki ... see you were busy on the weekend and got a new toy hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome I love the colours. Can't wait to see you in your new ride!
    An holy big time family resemblance in that picture! It looks like you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! Have fun in your new ride!!
    Adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, your card is so beautiful. Love the frosty and the dp... Great work... The pic´s from the girlies is so funny... ;-) Hugs from Silke

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great weekend friend!! :) Your card IS so gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got that car, I think it matches you well!! I agree, its always nice to get together with family. =)
    Your card is another fabulous creation!! I love how you used your colors on the layout with that adorable snowman!! =) He is no longer virgin rubber!! LOL!
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am jealous! I have not been to Wonderland in forever!!! I am trying to convince Michael to go to Canada in the summer so we can take the kids and go . . . cross your fingers for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures Vicki!! Your card is beautiful and I just LOVE the gorgeous colors and embossing! Have a fun weeek!

    Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki it looks like you had a wonderful time at the shower! Everyone looks so happy and I am so excited for you that you got a car!! It is adorable!! You will definitely have to share pictures of you driving it!!

    Love your card!! The distressing is beautiful and I love the lettering you incorporated! You did such a great job of coming up with a layout that I might just have to case it!!

    SMiles,
    janan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh Vicki this card is too stinking cute for words!! I love it, and I love how you put the whole thing together and that Frosty title love it!!!

    This card is totally wonderful I love that snowman too!!!

    I am so loving you guys Christmas Cards!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you girls had fun. I love your card, love those papers, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Vicki, have you been busy and talk about elegant and creative cards! This is one!! Love that cutie snowman!! TFS for sharing about your fab car and your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Vicky! Wow, all you ladies look gorgeous!! And that car looks gorgeous too. . .can a car look gorgeous. I wish I could buy a new car. .. my Xterra is 6 years old but I love that I don't have a monthly loan. My car only has 25,000 miles so it's still in wonderful condition but a nice mustang would be nice. LOL!

    You really knocked this week's challenge out of the park. Your card is fabulous. I love that snowman image. . .it's a good thing you dusted it off and used it. The color combo is beautiful too!! Great job on this week's DIY challenge!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that car Vicki! Congrats!! And your card is just gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing some pics of your family. I feel the same way exactly. DOn't see a lot of my extended family but we sure have a blast together when we do. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dang GIRL!!! Your mom does look young!! I want to know what she eats!! ha ha ha that aint just hereditary!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh your Christmas card is just fabulous and just love the design and cute snowman, loved the photo of you with your family, Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vicki - love your card! The color combo and layout are awesome! How fun to get a new car and a mustang convertible to boot - YOU GO GIRL!! Glad you had a good time at your cousins baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card, Vicki! The colors and sketch are perfect! Looks like you had lots of fun, too. Congrats on the new wheels!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****