Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Paper Trunk Tuesday!






As you might have noticed, I have been using a fair bit of Paper Trunk Designer Paper on my projects lately. When I was at CHA, I totally fell in love with their paper line and Carrie was kind enough to give me some to take home and play with! The paper is totally recycled and has such a nice feel to it.






I don't know about you, but one of the things that I love about papercrafting is the way that the paper smells and feels in my hands.......hmmmm now that was a candid confession eh?? Especially when the paper has some texture to it.







I have a great admiration for the talented people who do digital creations and have even done a few myself, but I much prefer working with my "stuff".........choosing the papers, stamps and inks.....digging through my drawers of flowers and baubles........seeing all things as potential embellishments. For example, the little piece of burnished copper curtain chain was attaching a tag to a pair of jeans i just purchased recently.




I made this project with the Batik like of Paper. I used Three Papers-Divine, Lovely and Exquisite........funny, but these are three adjectives that I often use when making posts on blogs.........I wonder if they have a paper called Delicious as well??? hehe..........well umm nope......sounds like I want to eat it, but really I just want to make things!!!! lol!



You can find the template for this great project over on Maria's Blog. Maria is one of my fellow Pink Cat Design Team members and the talented creator of the Christmas Stamping Blog. She is SO talented and as soon as I saw this tutorial on her blog, I knew I had to try to recreate it. If you want to give it a try, the link is HERE.




From Three Sheets of paper, I was able to create the box, the matching Gift Card and a third card for a friend that's having a birthday this weekend. I still have enough scraps to make at least one other card





Guess What???? Go check out the ELzybells Blog Today!!!! The February Elzybells are available today and to Celebrate, Elizabeth is giving away Beaucoup Blog Candy!!!! Certainly enough that if it were real sweets, you'd have a good toothache!!!!! Pop on over and see what's happening!!!! I am Loving those Chocolate sentiments and sweet new cupcakes!!!!!



Project Details:


Stamps: Classic Pickups and Smarty Pants-SU!
Ribbon, Punches and Rubons-SU!
Flowers: Bazill and Prima
Brads, Bazill Big Brads, Karen Foster Loopy Brads, $$ store Screw Brads
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip Craft ink for Stamping and Sponging

Coming up: Pink Cat Challenge and Sneak Peeks for the Hanna March Release!


Happy Stamping!

*****Vicki~~~~~

11 comments:

  1. Rock on girl, I love your cards and purse, love that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! I don't know what else to say but Wow!!! That purse is incredible and the cards are simply amazing!! I love the papers you used and the images and giant flowers work so well together! Perfect creations!

    smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Vicki. . .you made the box so much more beautiful than the tutorial intended! LOL! You've actually inspired me to design my box better! LOL! I LOVE how you turned the box into a purse. It's beautiful and the paper. . yes, it's delicious. Wow . . .the matching cards! Just awesome!

    I did realize one thing about the box. . .it doesn't fit a 5x7 1/2" envelope if you make 5 x 7 1/2" cards. By modifying the score lines a little, you can create the box to accomodate the envelopes!

    Okay, I now gotta make another box and make it look like a purse like yours. Your box is inspiring!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! Vicki, your flower creations are so gorgeous girl!! :) That top purse creation is the bomb!!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Vicky!
    Oh my, that luggage box looks really nice! Love the vintage look of your new papers.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZA!! You have been on a creative marathon! Those papers do look wonderful ... particularly under the guidance of your hands. Way to go with this fab collection, Vicki!

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Vicki your box is just so gorgeous and am going to have to check this tutorial out, Your cards are also stunning too, Just love all those papers and details. Wow you have been so busy, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that box! Those are very pretty papers you used. I really love your cards too, you always know how to Wow us! =)
    I have something for you on my blog!
    Hugs,
    Jodi=)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Vicki these are amazing. That box is fabulous. I chuckled when I read your comment about the fell and the "smell" of the paper!!! I have witnessed it first hand...you giving the paper a snort or two when you first pick it up!!!!
    Another quirk I LOVE about you!!!
    Luv ya
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vicki,

    You are making some great creations with that paper I love that Trunk with the Paper trunk!!!! Wonderful I love it!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****