Sunday, August 17, 2008

Trick or Treat!!! Hanna's Friday Challenge


I created this card for the Hanna Friday Challenge, held each Friday (go figure!!! lol) in the Hanna Stamps member Forums..........right HERE as a matter of fact. This week, our challenge is hosted by our very talented
Niki Estes who designed this very cool sketch for us in addition to making the card Halloween Themed.

This was a fun card to make. I had to do some thinking in regard to how I would fit all of these characters onto one card, especially with the row of houses behind. So, I made one HUGE card!

Yep, just folded the sheet of 8.5 x 11 paper in half and went to town!!!! lol. I used the neighbourhood wheel from stampin' up! to create the background and then of course added all the sweet Rileys in, using the masking technique......the Sidewalks were hand drawn and all colouring was done with Copic Markers............. did I mention how much I love them???

What about this new DP from Imaginisce??? With all sorts of cute and creepy designs, this DP is so much fun to work with. I sponged a little creamy caramel ink to the edges of the green dp to give it a bit of a distressed look. The little bats were punched out with a Martha Stewart Punch. I can't wait for Halloween to come around so that I can play with this punch

Hope you have a sweet sunday!!!! I am off to cut grass.................crap, with all the rain that we have been having this summer, the lawn is lush, but I may just get lost out there!!!! lol

See you soon!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hee hee gotta love Riley, awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO WAY! THis is is SO stinkin' ADORABLE! Frame worthy!
    Great job, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! Getting rather spooky around here! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok I LOVE this. Look at everything in this card... LOK at that sidewal, and the sky, not to mention the guys....OMG you really out did yourself on this one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS CARD!!! I am such a Halloween fanatic and I love all your Rileys not to mention the beautiful job of design, masking and coloring, oh his is definitely frame-worthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is over the top cute Vicki!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****