Sunday, May 13, 2007

I'm Back!!!!

From the Stampin' Girls Convention

It was SO exciting to share my passion for Stamping with many of my fellow demonstrators. We were also afforded the excellent opportunity of listening to the inspiring words of Jen Bailey, a Stampin' Up! Rising Star who shared many of her excellent ideas on how to build a successful Stampin' Up! Business. Can't wait to share some of her tips with my group!

I also able to meet another Splitcoaststamper and fellow demonstrator, Anne-Marie. We had so much fun and it was great to put a face to a person that I had been corresponding with for some time. Check out AM's Gallery to view some very pretty cards and clever ideas!!!!

I was very happy to share some basic design tips for card making and scrapbooking as well as demonstrating two methods of watercolouring. As I promised, here is the First of two watercolour techniques.

Watercolouring with Stampin' Write (tm) Markers

I choose this method of Watercolouring when I want to work more quickly and achieve a deep concentration of colours and generally when I am working with the same hue of colours.

Supplies:

  • Stayzon(tm) Solvent Ink
  • Stampin’ Write Markers(tm)
  • Aquapainters(tm)
  • Paper Towel


Step One:

  • Stamp your image with Stayzon on Watercolour Paper or White Cardstock.
  • Let image set for a minute.


Step Two
Using your lightest hue of colour, fully fill in the areas that you wish to cover.


























Step Three




“Scribble” in a darker value of the colour, keeping the dark areas to the same side-shadows and highlights generally are on the opposite sides.













Step Four


Continue to add in darker and lighter or brighter values of colour.


Remember that as you increase the depth of colour, the area of coverage will become smaller.








Step Five
Using a damp Aquapainter, gently blend out your colours, pulling the dark into the lighter area. Use a paper towel to remove the excess colour as you are blending.

Clean your aquapainter and blend the light across into the dark areas.



















Continue with the process until you have fully blended the colours in the image.


7 comments:

  1. Wow! This is great, Vicki! Love how you used the Aquapainter for blending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful result! I must try this...and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time in Ottawa, Vicki! Wish I coulda gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to watercolor and can not wait to try your technique. You did a gorgeous job on your card and your tutorial. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the anonymous commenter, but do not want to be...trying again, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tutorial Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic tutorial. :) Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****