Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Bring your own Sunshine


Good Morning!!

I up WAYYYYYYY early this morning. That isn't such a bad thing as I will be back to work in two weeks, so I better get myself into an earlier morning routine!

I crafted this card for yesterday's Clean and Simple challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. The challenge was "raise up". I mounted both the main image and the umbrella on dimensional tape to meet the challenge, as well as adding the flowers to coordinate with the paper piecing on the umbrella and the band of paper.

What ABOUT this paper? Delicious!!!! It is from the Rose Quartz collection from Prima! Stay tuned for some more creations with this gorgeous line!

I showed you the sentiment from this stamp on my last post, now this is the stamp in its entirety.

Isn't it adorable? It's called Bring Your Own Sunshine. I think it's so pretty and I can see a lot of use in the future.
I love the sentiment. I aim to live my life that way; to look at the positive. Even when life deals you a snowball ( you know, the hard packed one with a big rock in it?) If you can change your perspective a tiny bit and look for the positive it may ease your burdens a little. Doesn't mean the snowball might not catch you square in the chin, but if you look at the bright side, you didn't lose an eye!

I stamped my image onto white cardstock and then ran it through the oval die, leaving the image in the die until I sponged pool party ink on. That's what left the fun white border.

I coloured the boots with Copic Marker and added a slash of white gel pen as a highlight.

Lastly, I added some fine raindrops by using my glue pen and some glitter!!! 

I assembled my card and added the little flowers!!!

Speaking of little flowers, we have ONE, yes ONE lonely daffodil in the garden~
IT did make me smile however; a good indication that summer's on its way!!!




I hope you have a MOST amazing day!

XX's and Oh's

--Vicki~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful day and I very much appreciate your sweet comments!

*****Vicki*****